• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Automation & Computer Engineering, Informatics etc.
• Minimum 3 years’ Experience in Automotive Engineering.
• You preferably worked as a SW or HW developer and you want to try yourself out as a System engineer in the automotive industry.
• Fluent English knowledge in written and spoken form.
• Experience with High Voltage Electronics is an advantage
• Experience with function development is an advantage
• It is an advantage if you have worked with any of the following (if not all): FMEA, Functional Safety ISO26262, Requirements Engineering).
• Experience with requirement management tools (Doors, Polarion) is an advantage.
At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people’s lives.
Flex automotive offers intelligent, connected automotive solutions that improve safety, increase efficiency, reduce fuel consumption such as DC/DC converters, Inverters, Battery management systems, onboard chargers.
Our new colleagues will be responsible for creating the next generation electrification systems together with our experienced colleagues from Germany, Asia, and North America.
If you are enthusiastic, ambitious, and ready to take on new challenges and would like to be part of a young, dynamic team, we encourage you to apply for the following role today.
System Design Engineer
Design and build hardware of power electronics converters for use in automotive and energy storage applications. Develop electrical architecture proposals in response to customer requirements.
What a typical day looks like:
• Provide technical expertise in automotive High Voltage product portfolios.
• Analyze and clarify internal and customer requirements of the product, assessment of changes.
• Definition of system requirements and interfaces.
• Develop functional concepts of the product which serve as input for technical disciplines (HW, SW, ME) for the design implementation.
• Manage follow up of engineering details along project development.
• Deliver presentations to internal teams to provide insight and technical expertise on system behavior.
• Review of the System related technical documents (specification, concept, architecture, etc.)
• Participate in cost-reduction initiatives and value engineering.
• Work with cross-functional technical teams.
What you’ll receive for the great work you provide:
• An environment where you will feel fulfilled by your work, valued for your contribution and celebrated for your success;
• Opportunities to learn new skills in a multi-field industry (Automotive, LifeStyle, Healthcare, Industrial, Communications);
• Customized career paths based on your aspirational goals.
• A competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
+ A merit-based pay and living-adjustments;
+ Holiday bonus;
+ Performance bonus;
+ Loyalty bonus;
+ Reward and recognition bonus;
+ Referral bonus;
• Flexible/Remote/Hybrid Work based on your Job Function;
• Travel opportunities;
• Support in your wellbeing by access to:
+ Private medical/ pension insurance;
+ Free workshops and seminars on well-being;
+ Free access to therapy and consultations;
• Having fun at work;
• Community experiences and events for you and your children;
• Access to various discounts programs (shopping, food&drink, sport).
Design, Process & Technology Engineering
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Flex is the manufacturing partner of choice that helps a diverse customer base design and build products that improve the world. Through the collective strength of a global workforce across 30 countries and responsible, sustainable operations, Flex delivers technology innovation, supply chain, and manufacturing solutions to various industries and end markets. Create the extraordinatry: https://flex.com/careers
• Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
• Type: Public Company
• NASDAQ: FLEX
• Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
• Company Size: 10,001+ employees
• Website: https://flex.com/