You will ideally hold a 2:1 BSc Honours Degree, or higher, in an appropriate subject or have equivalent industry experience.
We are a multi-national group of companies producing market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide with substantial growth plans over the next 5 years.
- Salary - negotiable depending on skills and experience
- Remote working opportunity
- 25 days annual leave plus RO bank holidays
- Contributions to gym membership, public transport (over 15KM), fortnightly massage and more!
- Fast growing and market leading organisation.
- Work is partly remote: 3 days per week remote, 2 days per week in a modern office environment
We are looking for a Software Developer who is passionate about developing high-quality code, controlling fleets of robotized vehicles, lifting cranes and semi-automated port equipment. TEAMS is an application that supports state of the art container terminals in automated container transport (you will be fully trained on this). This role is based in Satu Mare however we will consider remote working for the right candidate.
TEAMS is developed in Java and C++ and consists of several standard components. However, as no terminal is the same the product must be configured in a unique way to fit each customer. Because the equipment we control is also being developed constantly, you will have to develop a working knowledge of their functionality and technical specifications. In this way, you learn how to give orders to the equipment, eventually meeting the complex challenge of getting a fleet of robotic vehicles from A to B as efficiently as possible, but without any accidents.
Our customers have high demands on our product’s stability, scalability and performance. Your analytical skills, ability to work well with others and creativity will help us meet all these demands.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant degree on BSc level or higher.
- Demonstrable work experience within software development
- Software Architecture experience
- Experience in working in an Agile / SCRUM development
- Programming experience in Java is essential
- Experience with Eclipse, GIT, Maven and UML is desirable
- Preference to work in a team environment
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbally
- As experienced software developer you will gradually learn to work in all the teams and work (after an intensive training period) to form part of the various teams and work on several challenging projects
- Learn how to give orders to the equipment, eventually meeting the complex challenge of getting a fleet of robotic vehicles from A to B as efficiently as possible, but without any accidents
- Developing a working knowledge of the product functionality and technical specifications
- Configuring our product in a unique way to fit each customer
- Your day-to-day work will both involve working independently and also working in a team
TBA was established almost 25 years ago, meaning we’re about celebrate a quarter of a century of innovation in developing software for operating automated container terminals worldwide!
The work we do is complex, challenging and rewarding and together with a relaxed, informal atmosphere and a close-knit team, we believe we offer a unique working environment; our enviable staff retention rate speaks volumes about our ethos. It’s our aim for further substantial growth over the next 5 years and with our sights set on our ambition, there are opportunities for career advancement within our thriving, award-winning professional organisation, we expect you to develop and grow your career with us!