Chances are HARMAN and its innovative brands have already touched your life today. HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and services supporting the Internet of Things.
Harman Telematics is poised to change the way Automotive Gateway solutions work in the future. While some of the advancements in immensely influence it, a Cloud enabled Telematics intelligence; it is extremely sensitive to the security and safety demands of this challenging domain. If you are one among the highly competent engineers with deep expertise in the connectivity domain to conceptualize and evangelize the Telematics Middleware, Network Access Devices (NAD) product and 5G platform roadmap, we would be interested in hearing from you.
The Software Architect would be responsible for executing on various features and technology enablers in Telematics, 5G and V2X areas. Job Responsibilities:
- Recommend implementation standards that support regulatory compliance objectives
- Presentation and representation of proposed and actual Architecture
- Document key technical requirements for our Telematics Systems and Software
- Drive software and hardware designs to achieve customer requirements
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
- Customer contact for identifying and understanding requirements.
- Supplier contact for understanding the and confirming the suitability of products
- Soft skills in communication
- Deep technical expertise in C++ with core knowledge in Linux, modem-based communication, embedded systems, inter-process communication, V2X/V2V communication
- Distributed applications over multiple cores and/or CPUs
- Can accurately estimate the project scope of a large project and the manpower for proposed solutions and changed requests
- Process definition and understanding
- Provides technical expertise for the request for quotation (RFQ )phase of potential new projects
- Presentation of telematics technical solutions / concepts to our customers
- Security concepts
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree in electrical, communications, computer engineering or a similar discipline
- 10 years+ experience in product development, embedded systems and connectivity technologies
- Expert understanding of Linux OS Kernel, Kernel Drivers and Application layer
- Experience with security of embedded system, secure boot, dm-verity, ARM TEE.
- Experience with safety concepts such as watchdog, Safety integrity level, etc.
- Experience in system design with different CPU architecture such as ARM, Intel.
- Experience with Open System Architecture
- Has worked with ODMs and other design partners and is quite familiar with the manufacturing processes to proactively assess the challenges
- Extreme hands on in C++ and is willing to get his hands dirty on a continuous basis
- Ability to clearly communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Proven technical leadership
- Is globally recognized as an established technology executive
- Experience with specific tools like Enterprise Architect
HARMAN designs, engineers and produces solutions for car manufacturers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and connected services (IoT-solutions). With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, we are admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. We have a workforce of over 30,000 people and are a fully owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.