Senior Software Engineer - iOS (Remote)
Some key skills + experience you’ll need
- Current proven experience as a Senior iOS engineer
- Solid experience in developing with Swift 5 and iOS frameworks are essential
- Able to communicate complex technical issues and requirements in clear language to various audiences
- A passion for best practices and writing quality testable code and documentation
- Experience in testing methodologies, unit testing, functional testing, BDD, TDD
- Experience in FRP using RxSwift and/or Combine
- Solid understanding of memory management and concurrency
- Proficiency in using debugging tools to help solve complex problems i.e. LLDB, Instruments etc.
- Strong ability to problem solve is essential
- Experience using AutoLayout, UIKit and specifically UICollectionView
- Solid understanding of MVC, MVVM design patterns
- Experience with dependency management via Cocoapods, SPM and a good understanding of Frameworks vs Static Libraries and the linker
- Experience with using SCM - specifically Git
- Experience in consuming RESTful APIs and working with JSON
...and some brownie points!
- Experience of working in an Agile/eCommerce environment
- Experience in working with Swift UI
- Proficiency in Objective-C
- A keen interest in app architectures
- Experience working with UICollectionViewCompositionalLayout, UICollectionViewDiffableDataSource
- Experience in working with GraphQL
- Interest in CI/CD workflows
- Writing, testing and maintaining quality testable code
- Working in Swift 5
- Working and collaborating with a small empowered cross-functional team comprising of Product Manager, Agile Delivery Manager, Product Designer, Analytics Engineer and Android and iOS Engineers to deliver business value
- Making a significant contribution to defining, maintaining and improving our app architecture and best practices
- Providing support for other team members through code review, pairing and mentoring
- Empowering the team by sharing learnings and new ideas
- Be part of our success and make a difference
- 20 days holiday – to make sure you are well rested and ready to give your absolute best, we offer 20 days holiday a year (excluding national holidays) Plus, there is the option to buy an additional 5 days holiday each year too. And, to top it off we also give an extra day holiday for every 2 years of service!
- Private pension plan
- Private healthcare – keeping you in the best possible health is top of our list, that’s why we offer private medical insurance
- Monetary contribution towards your work from home setup
- Access to thousands of online courses and time back to focus on personal development (one morning a week)
- NOTHS discount – if you are anything like us, you’ll have an ever-growing wish list from the site. We give everyone that works here 20% off anything from the site (yes, that includes stuff that’s on sale!)
- Birthday gifts – it wouldn’t be a birthday without presents. When your big day arrives, you will get a gift voucher straight to your inbox! Happy shopping!
- Remote Partner events – get involved with our amazing vendors (Partners) through events like Tag Talks and Partner Stories
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. It’s completely optional (but really appreciated) and it’s 100% anonymous. We’ll only use the information to help us figure out how to make our team even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us, with the help of our cross-team Diversity Champions to drive progress.
We are notonthehighstreet.
We are a UK-based online marketplace who offer a platform for ~5000 small creative businesses (our Partners) to sell their products through our site.
We're a Product and Data led, tech-enabled business at heart, and over the last couple of years, we’ve embarked on an ambitious new phase of development to advance our technology, including platform re-architecture to serverless microservices, rewriting the front-end and introducing new big data & machine learning platforms.
Where we’re at…
We are building a new modern microservices architecture-based platform, using cutting edge technologies and different languages - React, Next JS, GraphQL, AWS ECS, Lambdas, Java 11, Swift for iOS, and Kotlin for Android to name a few.
But there’s still lots to do. With a focus on learning, development, best practices, agile ways of working and team autonomy, we’re looking to grow our strong internal tech team even further. Which is where you come in…