The Employee must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Relevant Engineering degree (Master of Science degree in Acoustics / Sound & Vibration);
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of environmental noise mapping and /or building acoustics design;
- Experience and proven ability to supervise projects and project team;
- Project experience should include participation from the design phase through the final construction close-out;
- Experience in detailed design of large and complex noise mapping models;
- Detailed technical knowledge of building acoustics;
- Familiarity with European design standards and Health and Safety regulations;
- High proficiency of English reading, writing and speaking;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
The Employee must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Team building skills;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Effective verbal and listening skills;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Very effective organisational skills;
- Effective written communication skills;
- Familiar with working in a LAN environment
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office 2010, AutoCAD, Soundplan, Cadna, Bastian, Insul, CATT, Odeon
- Stress management skills;
- Time management skills;
1. Design activities:
- Planning and calculation of acoustics.
- Modelling and Calculation of environmental noise emission from various sources such as road traffic, trains industries, quarries etc. in Soundplan or Cadna.
- Calculation of building acoustics and room acoustics in programs such as Insul, Bastian, Sonarchitect, CATT-A, Odeon or similar.
- Simpler design tasks in Autocad.
- Agree and monitor scope of works and report to the project leader in due time any potential delays or variations;
- Clearly define building requirements and purpose of use with senior team member to allow detailed design;
- Carry out detailed design to WSP and Swedish/European Regulations standard ensuring Quality Assurance (QA) and technical review and sign off by project leader, including complex calculations and co-ordination issues;
- Gain an appreciation of sustainability and Environmental Managements Systems issues and incorporate requirements into project delivery;
- Review and monitor the production of calculations including Quality Assurance, technical reviews and sign off;
- Ensure that information for project budget costing preparation is completed in requisite detail and to deadlines, and keep the QS informed regarding design progress through explanation of design decisions;
- Co-ordinate project contracts documents (drawings and specifications) and review input from team members;
- Report to the project leader any variance between the works constructed and the design intent;
- Lead the design process and encourage the rest of the team to deliver appropriate and cost effective solutions to the agreed programme;
- Follow in full the document control, archiving, QA processes relevant to project work, ensuring drawings, specifications, reports and correspondence are issued, and filed in an appropriate manner, coach junior staff in their usage.
- Support the successful delivery of high quality projects on time and to budgets;
- Support line manager in planning resource needs and escalate as required if there are resource concerns;
- Provide feedback to line manager on the team’s performance and development requirements;
- In conjunction with line manager identify, assess and manage technical project risk;
- Provide regular project status updates, including risks or concerns, to line manager;
2. Supervision activities
- Deal with the day to day queries from design team, ensuring that relevant information is available on time;
- Prepare progress and technical reports as required;
WSP and Parsons Brinckerhoff have combined and are now one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. Together we provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and our expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. We have approximately 37,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, and various environmental experts. We are based in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. www.wsp-pb.com The WSP Bucharest office, established in March 2006, comprises over 120 permanent staff covering Structural, Mechanical and Electrical engineering, Green Building Certification services and Environmental disciplines.
Our portfolio includes landmark projects throughout Romania and SEE such as: §Baneasa Shopping City, S-Park, Bucharest Business Park, Colosseum Shopping Center, the Lakeview, Floreasca Park and Oregon Park in Bucharest, Romania §Arena Plaza in Budapest, Hungary §Uniplaza in Yerevan, Armenia §Megapark and Mall of Sofia in Sofia, Bulgaria. Our clients include property developers, businesses, architects and planners. They look to us to provide a range of services to help them respond to the challenges of a fast-changing world, and to anticipate the demands of the future. We are continuously strengthening our team and invite professionals with suitable working experience in the engineering fields covered by WSP Group SRL to join us and develop together with us.