NN is looking for someone who:
The senior accountant will be responsible for:
- Likes to be a change element in their work environment
- Has a keen eye for improvements
- Is able to work independently
- Has the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees
- Take decisive action on opportunities to achieve specific outcomes.
- Get results and adds value
- Day to day finance and accounts operations
- Performing general ledger end-of-period close activities inclusive of account reconciliations, preparing of journal entries, and the review of journal entries
- Maintenance of fixed assets register and prepaid schedule in the accounting system and ensure that depreciation and amortization expense is recorded correctly
- Managing the receipt and verifying the invoices and verifying that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures;
- Ensuring the day to day processing of payments to ensure that the company’s finances are maintained in an effective manner;
- Reconciliation of bank deposits and cash receipt system entries for the bank accounts;
- Recording regular financial analysis results and cash distribution activities for the business’s investments.
- Meeting deadlines for the preparation of financial books of accounts
- Performing weekly/monthly/annual financial statement analyses and documents meaningful and understandable explanations for any financial fluctuations in order to assist relevant senior management in business decision-making.
- Preparing all regulatory financial reports, including Group reporting
- Working closely with all departments across the business, stepping in to support all areas of the business as required during the end-period close of business.
- Responsible for the preparation of external audit deliverables that are related to specific areas of responsibility and conduct research on technical financial issues arising in such areas as necessary
- Keeping up with the current evolutions and changes in the legislation for all the local, NN and international accounting aspects
- Initiating changes in procedures/systems in order to improve the efficiency and quality of the area of responsibility.
- Designing new processes and workflows
- Offering support in providing the accounting solution when new business scenario happens
What we may offer? Funny that you asked….
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- At least 5 years of experience in Accounting out of which at least 1 year must be in insurance field
- IFRS and local GAAP account policy knowledge (preferably insurance accounting)
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Strong computer experience (Microsoft Office, Peoplesoft –knowledge would be a plus)
- Strong analytical skills and technical skills to deliver accurate financial analysis
- A team of experts that are willing to share good practices tips & tricks.
- Cool location in a non-crowded aria of Bucharest, very close to the subway.
- Work from home (1 or 2 days per week/depending on the project)
- Flexible hours (we get it…it’s not always easy to get up before the rooster)
- Fresh fruits & a very good coffee (for some extra energy)
- Surgery insurance & private healthcare & life insurance & voluntary pension (all because you really matter to us)
- Development programs (do you want to grow? We stand by you.)
- Extra vacation days according to your tenure (some extra vacation time doesn’t hurt)
NN este o companie de asigurări și managementul investițiilor, activă în peste 18 țări, cu o puternică prezență în Europa și în Japonia.
Grupul NN din România, include activitățile NN Asigurări de Viață și NN Pensii, companii lider pe piețele de profil, și NN Investment Partners, numărul patru în topul companiilor de administrare a fondurilor mutuale din România.
Pentru noi, NN reprezintă un capitol nou și interesant în viața companiei, cu noi oportunități de dezvoltare. Promisiunea noastră este că vom continua să fim alături de clienții, angajatii si colaboratorii noștri, un partener apropiat și de încredere. Valorile noastre de bază sunt: ne pasă, suntem transparenți, ne dedicăm.
Valorile noastre sunt expresia lucrurilor noastre dragi, a ceea ce credem și a obiectivelor noastre. Ne unesc și ne inspiră. Și ne determină comportamentul zi de zi.
NN Romania in cifre:
2,2 milioane clienți unici de asigurări de viață, pensii obligatorii și pensii facultative Cote de piață decembrie 2016:
• Asigurari de viata: 32,6%
• Pensii obligatorii (Pilonul 2) - 36,5% în funcție de active
• Pensii facultative (Pilonul 3) - 50,2% în funcție de active