Logistic Process Specialist - Trade Compliance
- University degree
- Experience in HTS & ECCN classification
- Knowledge in Import and Export regulations, Free trade agreements (FTA), Country of origin (COO).
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to analyze and identify patterns in large data sets
- Decision making aptitudes based on given guidelines and in ambiguous contexts
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook; MS Excel proficiency
- Retail industry experience.
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement tools.
- Familiarity with SQL
‘Trade Compliance’ provides import and export classification to Amazon.com ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Number) by ensuring Amazon Inc is committed to comply with laws and regulations of the countries in which it conducts its business, and their respective import, export, trade, customs and other relevant agencies.
- Manually classify products with tariff classification codes based on business requirements.
- To audit the results of the team’s output and ensure the output achieves expected accuracy
- Mentor/train overall team to improve metrics (efficiency, quality) and progress to next level functionally by sharing knowledge
- Identifies gaps and drives improvement/ optimization initiatives that work toward a metric improvement within processes/functions at site level
- Develops processes or tool components with documented SOPs for new processes or activities undertaken by the function
- Responsible for productivity, quality, and coverage metrics goals
- Analyzes data and is responsible for highlighting gaps, recommending solutions, driving/influencing inter-function decisions
- Deep dive into a problem, performs ‘root cause analysis,’ and identifies constraints and recommend solutions to fix business problems
- Drive continuous improvement and documenting any issues/RCAs/action planning in functional area and owns specific action or change recommended
- Training and mentoring new hires and other associates, suggests improvements to training
- Creation and maintenance of SOPs and supporting documents that mandate for classification process
- Interacts with multiple stakeholders to communicate on process & operations and represents data/metrics information and project reviews
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It has been referred to as "one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world", and the world's most valuable brand. It is one of the Big Five American information technology companies, alongside Alphabet (Google), Apple, Meta (Facebook), and Microsoft.