Technical skills required:
- Experience in 3D modelling (low poly, high poly, normal map extraction) 3D Studio Max;
- 2D skills - Adobe Photoshop proficient (ability to create tillable and specific textures);
- Good notion of proportions and a good eye for the detail.
Nice to have technical skills:
- Knowledge of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors is a plus;
- Knowledge of other 2D software is considered a plus;
- Knowledge of Z brush is considered a plus;
- Previous experience working in the gaming industry is considered a plus;
- Leadership skills are considered a plus.
It is mandatory to share the portfolio while submitting the application. Applications without portfolio won’t be considered.
- Very good communication skills;
- Good knowledge of English;
- Technical skills;
- Team player;
- Receptive to feedback;
- Creative with high standards;
- Responsible and resourceful;
- Efficient and hard working;
- Patient and resilient to stress;
- Positive attitude.
The Environment Artist executes autonomously the graphical content of one or several game levels and delivers a work that can be successfully integrated, taking the technological constraints and artistic direction into account.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- Create assets and textures in line with the project's artistic and technical direction (references, documents, etc.);
- Integrate assets and textures produced in the game engine;
- Verify the quality of his work once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary;
- Use specific project tools in order to achieve best results and meet deadlines;
- Efficiently uses the texture space and takes into consideration the pixel ratio;
- Determine the objects and environments required and adjust the work according to the story and the gameplay (Game Design documents);
- Able to fast learn technical constraints of platforms, engines and software;
- Understand and apply graphic principles;
- Use artistic references to improve visuals;
- Able to micro plan and time estimate his work .
- Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
- Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
- Relaxation room;
- Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
- Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
- Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
- Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
- 7card offers.
Ubisoft Craiova has been an important component in strengthening the foundation of one of the first gaming companies ever established in Romania. The studio has had experience in the development of video games since 2008 and now works on the production and testing of some of the biggest AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon. The studio is also a valuable collaborator to the Technology Group, which helps to develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in the Ubisoft games.
At UBISOFT ROMANIA we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching player lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will get the opportunity to grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.