AWS Data Engineer (job based in Slovakia)
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience or relevant project / coursework
- Up-to-date specialized knowledge of data wrangling, manipulation and manage ment of technologies.
- Ability to manipulate voluminous data with different degree of structuring across disparate sources to build and communicate actionable insights for internal or external parties.
- Possesses strong communication skills to portray information.
- Ability to work in an agile environment with high quality deliverables.
- Experience with two of the following languages: Java, Scala, or Python
- Understanding of Web Services as well as JSON formats
- Working knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases
- Experience with one of the following NoSQL datastores (Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J, …)
- Experience with concepts of Hadoop and Spark
- Understanding of AWS (S3, EC2, Redshift, EMR, Athena) - desired
- Experience with a Rapid UI tools: EX: Tableau - desired
Full-time. Flexible work available. Bratislava, Slovakia.
The Future Begins Here
At Takeda, we are creating a future-ready organization, one that evolves at the speed of science and technology using data and digital to meet the needs of patients, our people, and the planet. In order to make that happen, we need your help.
Join our exciting and new Technology Capability Center (TCC) in Bratislava, Slovakia. This specialized, innovative and state of the art center of technological resources will drive data and digital capabilities and solutions across Takeda. The Center will be home to approximately 300 change agents, organized into chapters and cross-functional squads based on agile ways of working.
Grow your data and digital skills, create and enhance solutions for patients around the globe, and help us create a data and digital-forward Takeda. This is a unique opportunity to become the heart of our internal innovation engine.
As a Data Engineer you will be tasked with creating an ecosystem to have the right data, to ask the right question, at the right time. You will be working in the Data Engineering and Emerging Technologies team, a typical day will include
- Apply advanced techniques to complex problems in R&D and other organizations.
- Work directly with the Data Science in R&D at Takeda along with other advanced analytics organizations across the company.
- Apply advance techniques in structured, partly structured and unstructured data across different partner organizations.
- Implement solutions for both big data and difficult to structure data sets.
- Maintain up-to-data knowledge on modern data technologies, explores new platforms and beta tooling.
- Independently use own judgement to identify data requirements and influences the design.
- Influence new computer science platforms to design, analyze and implement complex and new data driven solutions that impact the company.
- Provide leadership to complex data analysis, uses and explores data, languages, tools and software to best construct data for predictive modeling, tests the model, trains data to deploy the modeling within a complex R&D, Medical, Mathematical environment and a large complexity of IT systems and data.
- A meaningful career, grounded in our values.
- Continuous professional growth and global careers
- A diverse and inclusive network of colleagues
- Flexible work environment, including hybrid working
- A collaborative culture encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit and agile thinking
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Food stipend
- Professional Development
- Paid volunteering time
- Summer schedule
- Education and Internet allowance
- Referral bonus
Employees have the opportunity to earn an annual bonus based on company, business unit, and individual performance.
Bonuses are available for referrals if your friends join Takeda.
- We care about your future. So we offer a retirement plan for employees, which includes up to a 3% match. You'll also have access to life insurance covering short-term and long-term disability in case of injury or death.
- When in need, we'll support you. Our Takeda-sponsored individual medical plan will give you access to timely health treatment for your medical needs. We also have additional payment available for critical illnesses.
- We understand mental health is also important. Counseling and support resources are available 24/7 through our assistance program for employees and immediate family members.
- We want you to spend time away. We offer generous paid leave and also additional time off for maternity, paternity and parental leave.
- We are committed to helping the world. You'll have the opportunity to participate in paid time away for volunteering activities.
- We know there's more to life than work. we return to the office, you'll enjoy a mix of remote working and in-office collaboration in our state-of-the-art facilities. During summer we have flexible workweeks with half-day Fridays.
You’ll have access to:
- Daily allowance for meals
- Supplementary monthly payment to spend on retirement savings, educational courses, and leisure activities
- Assistance for home office internet or English learning expenses
We are a patient-focused, global biopharmaceutical company committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter Future to people worldwide. We just opened a new Technology Capability Center in Bratislava, Slovakia (relocation assistance available). This innovative, and state-of-the-art technological resources centre will drive data and digital capabilities and solutions across Takeda.