Accountant (VAT Specialist) - 2 years fixed term contract
- University degree in Finance or Economics
- 3-5 years of general experience in a similar role or in an accounting company – ongoing support and training will be provided.
- 1-2 years industry experience in a similar role
- Studying towards Professional Qualification in Accountancy/Tax
- MS Office (Excel, Word Access), Oracle, JDE, Outlook
- Knowledge of, UK GAAP and IFRS a plus
- Independent, proactive, accurate working individual; strong analytical and numerical skills
- Fluent in English
- Determined and Committed
- Creative solution finder
- Confident with strong communication skills
This role is based within the Cluj Finance team and has been created to support the Tax Function at group level by preparing the VAT returns and other tax declarations for European entities.
- Ensure all tax returns are submitted in due time (keep a tight control over the deadlines)
- Download reports from Oracle and JDE, specific for each company and prepare the backup files for the VAT returns
- Reconcile the VAT return balances to the balance sheet
- Fill in the VAT return files to be checked by the Tax Manager/Accounting Manager
- Submit the VAT returns to the Tax Authorities in a correct and timely manner
- Prepare the VAT month end journals and send them to be posted by Accounting Team.
- Run the Arrivals and Dispatches Intrastat reports
- Prepare the Intrastat return forms
- Submit the Intrastat and VIES returns
- Liaise directly with the Fiscal Authorities regarding the VAT, Intrastat and VIES reporting.
- Prepare and submit the monthly/quarterly/ annually statistics
- Assist the UK Tax Manager with the preparation of the corporate tax returns with analysis on main type of revenues and expenses
- Assistance with the supporting documentation for the Transfer pricing files
- Review the Coffee Tax files: Coffee Tax Notifications and Coffee Tax Fillings
- Prepare the payment overview for Coffee Tax to the AP department
- Support and assist the Tax Team with any ad hoc tax work or queries, when required
- Keep up with changes in tax regulations and tax laws
Office Depot is the number one reseller of workplace products and services in Europe, active in 30 European countries. The Shared Service Center in Cluj-Napoca is currently the only Office Depot subsidiary in Romania. With a focus on financial services (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable & General Ledger), Office Depot SSC also incorporates departments such as Master Data Management, Data Management Services and e-Support. With a growing team of over 400 associates, Office Depot SSC is one of the main players in the BPO field in Cluj-Napoca.
Our motto is #GrowingStrongerTogether so you can be assured that we will welcome you in a friendly, yet professional work environment where you can evolve. To find out more about Office Depot, visit our website at www.officedepot.ro and check out our social media.