Unix Support Engineer- Remote
• Good shell / scripting skills (bash, perl, python, etc);
• Good understanding of virtualization concepts and technologies;
• Good understanding of networking concepts and technologies;
• Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on projects;
• Willing and able to learn quickly new skills and technologies;
• Good analytical skills, structured and methodical approach.
• 1+ year experience in administration of on premise / self-hosted Openshift/Kubernetes Clusters;
• Experience in administering LINUX and/or UNIX based OSs like RedHat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Solaris, IBM AIX etc;
• Working knowledge of automation tools (Ansible, Tower, AWX etc );
• Working knowledge of Openshift/Kubernetes monitoring using Prometheus / Grafana;
• Working knowledge of Openshift/Kubernetes log aggregation using ELK Stack;
• Working knowledge of git (Github , Gitlab , etc );
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to fix issues quickly;
• Working knowledge of tools like Kustomize, Argo CD, Helm Chart, AquaSEC, JFrog Artifactory is an advantage
• Monitoring and management of on premise / self-hosted Openshift/Kubernetes Clusters in terms of availability, security, performance;
• Troubleshooting and problem solving of Openshift/Kubernetes Clusters related issues;
• Performance analysis, tuning, capacity planning, provisioning, and forecasting;
• Assist client development and support teams to ensure issues are dealt with in a professional and timely manner;
• Plan, automate and roll out Openshift/Kubernetes Cluster upgrades, patches and related changes;
• Ensure effective and rapid response to issues/incidents;
• Assist with on-boarding new projects units to OpenShift Clusters;
• Daily / Weekly / Monthly health checks.
We enable people to do business by planning, supplying, integrating and managing their IT. We make IT work through partnership, knowledge and passion: trusted to run IT infrastructure services for leading business across Europe for 40 years.
We are SCC – great things happen when we work together.
To make IT work for our customers to improve the way they do business;
To deliver quality IT solutions and services that change the way businesses do business;
Deliver long-term profit to invest back into the business;
Nurture a winning network of partners to create enduring value to our customers.
Find out more at www.scc.com
Send your questions at email@example.com. We’ll be glad to offer you more details!
*Thank you for choosing to contact us. By sending your resume, you agree to our processing of your Data for recruitment purposes (where Data refers to your personal information such as your name, phone number, email address and your resume). We assure you that your Data will be used for recruitment purposes only, for a retention time of 5 years or until you decide to withdraw your consent, at any time, by sending an e-mail to . Also, you may contact us on the same e-mail address to exercise any of the rights granted by GDPR (RegulationYou can find here further details about our Data Protection Policy.
We are SCC – great things happen when we work together!