Human Resources Manager - EMEA
What the role is:
We are looking for a HR Manager, based specifically in our office in Craiova, Romania, to support our quickly growing European team. With locations in Romania, Serbia, Germany, France, and the United Kingdom we strive to provide a stellar employee experience to all of our employees in the EMEA region.
The Human Resources Manager is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support. You will utilize your HR functional expertise to align critical human resources principles with business objectives. You will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day HR operational requests, while also building relationships with people managers and employees across the region.
You will become an integral part of a global HR team bringing your regional expertise and perspective to global HR projects. This role reports directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- This role provides a broad range of human resource generalist services to our managers and leadership team in meeting their business objectives, assisting with strategy, maximizing workforce capabilities, and advancing key organizational goals. This is a highly collaborative role, working closely with others on the global HR team, EMEA Management Team, and employees to advise, coach, train, and drive compliance and to advocate for the culture and employees.
- You will bring a passion for efficiency and continuous process and policy improvement and the ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- Partner with the regional management team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy.
- Provide the coaching to managers and employees to continuously improve the performance, professional development, conflict management and increase the employees’ engagement.
- Be the first point of contact to assist with inquiries from our European team members.
- Implement strategic HR related projects and initiatives within the region.
- Process changes throughout the employee life cycle from both HRIS and documentation perspective (e.g. salary changes, promotions, leave management, maternity, parental and paternity).
- Ensure legal compliance applicable to Romanian employment laws, and update local documentation, policies and/or procedures as required.
- Handling of employee complaints of policy violations and advising on appropriate discipline.
- Communication, training and educating of employees, managers, and staff on human resources topics.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in HR, Business or other related discipline
- 5+ years of HR experience working with cross-functional global technical teams, preferably in a tech start-up or hyper-growth environment
- Strong HR generalist skill set – ideal if gained within an international company which is fast moving, dynamic and creative
- Strong customer first attitude
- Strong knowledge of Romanian labour laws and regulations
- Fluent English and Romanian language skills
- Hands-on mentality to get things done
- Ability to influence at varying levels across the organization
- French, German, or Serbian language skills are a plus
- Additional labour law knowledge of UK, France, Germany, or Serbia are a plus
- Prior experience working in SuccessFactors
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring work, we have some great benefits and perks:
- Medical and vision benefit coverage
- Soccer field
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Professional development opportunities
- Career & Personal Development via Linkedin Learning
- Attractive salary package
- Flexible work hours
- Meal tickets
SugarCRM is a customer experience (CX) leader enabling businesses to create profitable customer relationships by delivering highly relevant, personalized experiences throughout the customer journey. We empower companies to strengthen existing customer relationships, create new ones through actionable insights and intelligent automation and better understand the customer at every stage of the journey. This enables businesses to accelerate demand generation, grow revenue, deliver superior customer care and increase loyalty. Our easy-to-use, intuitive platform makes customer experience easy and accessible for everyone, allowing marketing, sales and services professionals to focus on high-impact, value-adding activities that create customers for life.
SugarCRM will continue to offer a flexible workplace supporting employees interested in either working in one of our physical offices, working from home, or working from a combination of the two. Please work with your recruiter to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.