Tools Developer (Full-Stack)
Your life at Ubi:
Ubisoft’s Data Analytics Department, DNA, is an important technology partner for game production, marketing and business teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used all around Ubisoft. We also provide advisory services for production teams, marketing experts and business analysts that require an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
As part of a group that specializes in game telemetry data collection and processing, the Tools Developer (Full-Stack) will join the team tasked with creating and developing Ubisoft’s main dashboard to bring together the use metrics of all our games in a single access point. Our main responsibility is developing tools to be used in the Ubisoft Data and Analytics department and we are looking for robust programming knowledge and experience with different projects / languages.
You will design, implement and ensure the smooth operation of web tools, from developing dynamic and engaging UI to solving complex issues related to scalability and big data processing through distributed APIs. By contributing to the corporation’s most extensively consulted application, the developer’s work will impact Ubisoft’s decision makers and, through them, our gamers.
Current tech stack(s) we interact with in our team:
- C# & C++ / Unity for visualization tools
- Python for small tools / automated API and load tests
- Git as source control
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Jira for task management
- Familiarity with testing principles
Your main mission:
- Develop and maintain mainly front-end applications, as well as back-end applications to meet the needs of in-house clients;
- Compile, understand and analyze the product manager’s needs and contribute to the development of new features;
- Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems are in line with project intentions and remain coherent with current code and optimize when required;
- Determine and correct bugs;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable other users (work units) to understand and use the new systems and features;
- Take part in the team’s daily activities.
The professional value you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineer or equivalent training;
- Strong experience in web programming;
- Interest in DevOps (deployment, ongoing integration);
- Ability to understand and account for user needs;
- Dedication to quality expressed throughout the development cycle (through questions, unit tests, etc.);
- Experience with Typescript will be a plus;
- Experience with Java will be a plus.
The personal value you bring:
- Resourcefulness, initiative and ability to resolve issues through elegant and innovative solutions;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Focused on results.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The production team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.