VAT Compliance Consultant
Responsible for managing multiple client engagements and supporting the development of VAT compliance practice in EY Romania.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical and practical understanding of VAT provisions and related VAT compliance
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Innovative & problem resolution focus with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with project management capabilities
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team
- A desire to learn and develop into the role
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Economics or equivalent, potentially with a supplementary degree in fiscal matters
- 1-2 years of professional experience in VAT compliance, either in industry or with other service providers
- Basic understanding of IT-systems and VAT/GST reporting solutions
- Excellent language skills in Romanian and English. Additional language skills nice to have
- Excellent communication across cultures and within a virtual working environment
- As a consultant, you will be working a selection of clients where you are the assistant VAT controller for the VAT compliance outsourced to EY, including:
- Stays abreast of general business and economic developments and demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business and policies. Works with the client and engagement team to understand the client’s business and VAT needs,
- Act as point of contact – liaise with your international clients and colleagues with respect to Romanian VAT compliance
- Monitor the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of your clients
- Review indirect tax returns
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
- Actively participate to the training and coaching session in your development plan to ensure continuous development of your technical knowledge
- Utilizes and encourages the application of firm wide methodologies and tools including computer-based software solutions
We’re change agents and cyber gurus. Performance improvers and problem solvers. Data scientists and growth hackers. Bot programmers and software builders. Risk managers and confidence builders. We’re more than 300,000 global perspectives ready to welcome yours.
Your bold ambition is just the beginning. Harness our global scale, our tech, our teams and our culture to realize your potential. Learn from the best, surround yourself with the curious, ask better questions to seek better answers and build a better working world.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.