Transport & Logistics Operations Specialist
Join Cargill's global team of employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
As Transport & Logistics Operations Specialist you will focus on freight sourcing and will support the implementation of Transport & Logistics Cargill strategy, manage segment sourcing negotiations, deeply understand the market and business/revenue opportunities for Cargill businesses. May be involved in one or more transportation & logistics modes of truck and rail.
- Min. 3-5 years experience in a Transportation or Forwarder role
- Medium to advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Experience managing multiple priorities and tasks daily
- Secondary or higher education level
- Transport Management System experience, SAP Knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of transportation & logistic market and carriers
- Experience in agribusiness is a plus
- Good understanding of supply chain processes
- Good understanding of business functions, focused on cost and budget controls
- Systemic approach to problem solving and decision making
- Ability to set priorities and organize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Partner with trading, supply chain and shipment execution identify inter-modal/other opportunities; Understand the relevant transportation segment market, the related business model and customer requirements of each business unit.
- Conducts routine external and internal market research to obtain market conditions on the transportation & logistics industry. Translate changes in the market into management information for the Business and the Transport strategy.
- Vendor management processes; (selection, onboarding, contract negotiations, compliance and relationship management) and drive carrier performance improvements OTIF (Supplier score card – Incident management).
- Responsible for complying with control mechanism in place, and with the relevant functional/business policies and procedures.
- Gathers, synthesizes and analyses data, prepares reports and presentations, to report transportation performance
- Lead Continuous Improvement projects and participate in cross function and cross-country projects
- Assist and support operational activities (Spot sourcing/Finding capacity/Freight Booking)
- Follow up with the execution of the shipments. Monitors the status of the loading and shipment and performs track and trace activities to confirm status of shipment throughout the shipment execution process.
- Timely and accurate data input (SAP/TMS) to ensure KPI reporting and use these reports to drive continuous improvement and corrective actions.
- Keeps clear track of all papers and documents proving the execution of the shipment and archives them accordingly.
- Participate in moderately complex design and test digital solutions needed for continuous improvement projects.
- Assist the global deployment team for digital deployment efforts, shared service operations for executing the operational services and business unit process implementation and end users to represent the business interests in the deployment project.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Find out more about us on our company page.