- Securing transport capacity / tactical planning by execute against the Transport & Logistic strategy
- Establishes strong working relationships with Cargill carrier operators and with outside carrier owners/operators.
- Contacts Cargill approved carriers in order to secure availability and capacity for individual shipments.
- All to determine the best approved carrier for executing certain commodity contract in accordance with the distance covered and the freight rate. Provides all necessary shipment information to freight carrier and receive and record confirmation that carrier has accepted each shipment.
- Negotiate spot rate with already contracted services providers, when no valid rates are available or no capacity available for a shipment.
- Participates in sourcing events and maintain a good level of market awareness
- Conducts routine external and internal market research to obtain market conditions on the transportation & logistics industry
- Provides updates on shipment planning status to business unit supply chain people as required or requested.
- Proactively provide forecasts to the carriers, to manage and secure the transport capacity.
- Transportation Shipment Execution and responsible for day-to-day scheduling and reporting of shipments according to sales contracts.
- Follow up with the execution of the shipments. Monitors the status of the loading and shipment and performs track and trace activities to confirm status of shipment throughout the shipment execution process.
- Manages changes and solves day to day problems by independently making decisions on how best to manage carrier and customer relationships to optimize risks, costs, time, etc. (Examples:– change in pick up location, bad quality of a product, denial of a customer to receive a commodity, re-routing of a travelling truck). Operates within the transport strategy and resolves day to day issues in resourceful and effective ways and provides recommendations to support improved or cost-beneficial transport movements.
- Handles and tracks claims coming from both Business and carriers in cases of non-compliance with the freight contracts requirements. Ensures carrier compliance with Cargill EHS and Food Safety requirements.
- Maximizes efficiencies and effectiveness by leveraging relationships with other colleagues and offices, and provides timely information to sales, customer service, plant operations, to assist with order/shipment changes and optimise costs and service.
- Timely and accurate data input in SAP and Transportation Management System to ensure KPI reporting and use these reports to drive continuous improvement and corrective actions.
- Keeps clear track of all papers and documents proving the execution of the shipment and archives them accordingly.
- Identifies/recommends improvement opportunities between logistics service providers and the business.
- Using comprehensive knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry, makes recommendations according to that knowledge and past experience to provide business partnership.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter today!
CAREERS AT CARGILL Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.