The Technical Project Manager should have these abilities and qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; Advanced English level required.
- Ability to independently manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between IT and business stakeholders.
- Ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- 5-7+ years of Technical Project Manager experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, artifacts and tools.
- Understanding of call center technology and knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, project management.
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in business process mapping or operational redesign / improvement.
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices and knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and a track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present a polished, professional, and diplomatic image to all stakeholders.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for providing technical project planning, management and oversight for key initiatives and implementation projects, ensuring first that these initiatives and projects are closely aligned with TELUS International’s strategic priorities, and second, that these initiatives and projects are completed on-time, within scope and budget and with an extremely high quality of deliverables.
The primary responsibilities of the Technical Project Manager are:
- Lead and manage IT project and program initiatives in support of IT’s global objectives.
- Act as a project management technical lead and business analysis subject matter expert and work with TI’s business units and IT to deliver technical solutions in the form of new and enhanced capabilities.
- Manage all phases of project delivery including: analysis and design, configuration and build, testing/training, and deployment of solutions.
- Be accountable for all aspects of project management including all project resource planning and scheduling; risk and scope management; communications and status reporting.
- Define project scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners.
- Develop Business Cases including budget approval and monthly budget reporting and ensure return on investment is achieved. Define, acquire, and allocate budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program.
- Evaluate complex situations using multiple sources of information filters; validate and interpret dynamic material; manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated with the initiatives.
- Lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels of team members.
- Assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget.
- Identify, clarify and communicate project vision, goals and objectives and how these tie into, support or impedes organizational strategic objectives.
- Create a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Establish, plan, and execute major milestone reviews and decision gates to complete the program and project life cycle.
- Evaluate technological choices (network/hardware related and technology/code related) by querying providers and understanding enough about implications to make choices for the organization that have an appropriate balance between cost /benefit today and future implications and limitations.
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards.
- Resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
- Be responsible for all activities related to the position, including but not limited to support New Customer Launches, client expansions, and at times when needed supporting strategic launches in our Europe region.
TELUS International focuses on the value of human connection to design, build and deliver high-tech, high-touch customer experiences powered by next-gen digital solutions. With almost 50,000 team members as well as delivery centers across North and Central America, Europe and Asia, TELUS International empowers customer experience innovation through digital enablement, spirited teamwork, agile thinking, and a caring culture that puts customers first.
The company's solutions cover customer experience, digital transformation, content moderation, IT lifecycle, advisory and digital consulting, risk management, and back-office support. Fueling all stages of company growth, TELUS International partners with some of the world’s most disruptive brands from fast-growing tech, financial services and fintech, games, travel and hospitality, and healthcare industries. The company serves clients in over 50 languages. TELUS holds a ~63% interest in TELUS International with Baring Private Equity Asia and Competence Call Center management holding the remaining ~33% and ~3%, respectively. Learn more at: telusinternational.com