Software Engineer (.NET Core)
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
About your future team
The Tactical Apps team provides ingenious solutions to automate processes and reduce manual work in project delivery. While doing so, you will get the chance to work in an Agile team that has a proven record of delivering high quality tools.
You are a mid-level software engineer passionate about building functional and performant applications that delight their users. You have enough .NET knowledge to work on your own on tasks of medium difficulty that are part of a bigger application. You are able to share a programming environment with other developers, being eager to work with modern technologies and expand your technical knowledge.
Mission of the role
Our team is getting bigger! We are looking for a .NET developer to help us enhance the capabilities of existing tools and build new solutions for our business. The majority of our applications are focused on replacing manual processes and improving the daily activities of our colleagues in Operations.
One of the immediate projects you will get to work on consists in building a Project Management application to enhance the coordination of our Market Research projects. The purpose of the application will be to manage timelines, budget and resources across various teams, located all around the globe.
As a Software Engineer (.NET Core) you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Translate user requirements to user stories and technical tasks
- Assess business requirements and provide development estimates
- Work closely with stakeholders and QA teams to deliver fit for purpose technical solutions
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Act as part of the project team and be fully supportive to other members within the team
Now that you know what a Software Engineer (.NET Core) does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- 1+ years of hands-on experience as a Software Engineer
- Good knowledge of C#: ASP MVC / .NET Core Web API
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Database
- Good knowledge of .NET Entity Framework
- Strong communication skills in a virtual environment
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Worked in Agile environments
- Support and solution oriented
- Can do attitude, Positive thinker, Team player
It would be a great addition if you have:
- Used one of the following frameworks or libraries: React / Vue.js / Angular
- Worked with the Git source control
- Worked with unit testing frameworks: MsTest / NUnit / XUnit
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Working with senior software engineers and architects, providing a lot of learning and self-development opportunities
- Growth potential into a full stack developer
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Flexible working / Work from home
- Food vouchers & Health insurance
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!
GfK reprezintă sursa de încredere care oferă informații relevante despre piață și despre consumatori și care ajută companiile să ia decizii inteligente. Peste 13,000 de experți în cercetarea de piață îmbină pasiunea lor cu cei 80 de ani de experiență GfK în știința datelor. Aceasta permite GfK să ofere insight-uri globale importante, îmbinate cu expertiza locală, în peste 100 de țări. Prin utilizarea unor tehnologii inovatoare și abilitatea de a lucra cu cifrele, GfK transformă datele din studii în insight-uri acționabile, care să permită clienților săi să-și îmbunătățească avantajul competitiv și să îmbogățească experiențele și alegerile consumatorilor.
* Prin transmiterea aplicatiei prin intermediul site-ului eJobs exprimati in mod expres faptul ca sunteti de acord ca datele dvs. cu caracter personal, furnizate odata cu transmiterea aplicatiei (Curriculum Vitae, scrisoare de intentie sau alt document pe care il considerati relevant pentru aplicatie), sa fie folosite in scopuri interne, atat de catre GfK Romania – Institut de Cercetare de Piata, cat si de catre GfK Grup (GfK SE) pentru o perioada de 6 luni de zile de la data aplicatiei.