Does developing simulation software for container terminals all over the world seem like an interesting job? At TBA, an innovative software company, we develop this kind of software. Our search is for talented JAVA developers to reinforce our development teams in Satu Mare (Romania).
Would you like to learn how your code can make container terminals run more efficient?
Over the course of the next few years, we expect you to grow into a JAVA developer that actively contributes to the further development of our product. Our customers have high demands on our product’s stability, scalability and performance. Your analytical skills, ability to work well with others and creativity will help us meet all these demands.
What are we looking for?
You will ideally hold a 2:1 BSc Honours Degree, or higher, in an appropriate subject or have equivalent industry experience. We are a multi-national group of companies producing market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide with substantial growth plans over the next 5 years.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in Java (experience with Eclipse, GIT, Maven and UML is a plus)
- Experience of working in a SCRUM team or other Agile development methods is a plus
- A good knowledge of OO methodologies
- Ability to work within an international team
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbally
- As a JAVA developer at TBA you will be trained to work on our CONTROLS product.
- CONTROLS is an emulation platform that supports system testing and optimization of container terminals.
- This emulation platform is developed in JAVA and consists of a number of standard components. The emulation concept requires communication between CONTROLS (a realistic representation of the terminal’s equipment) and the container terminal’s operating software.
- One of the key responsibilities of this role is to find the right balance between developing functionalities generically in the core CONTROLS product or in a project specific fashion.
- Salary - negotiable depending on skills and experience
- 25 days annual leave plus RO bank holidays
- Contributions to gym membership, public transport (over 15KM), biweekly massage and more!
- Fast growing and market leading organisation
- Work is partly remote: 3 days per week remote, 2 days per week in a modern office environment.
TBA Group was established over 30 years ago; with offices in Satu Maru (RO), Delft (NL), Dusseldorf (DE), Leicester (UK) and Doncaster (UK), we’re award-winning and one of Europe’s leading software development companies for the intermodal and logistics companies. Through our innovative software, we produce market leading, large-scale, distribution and supply chain software products used by customers worldwide.
The work we do is complex, challenging and rewarding and together with a relaxed, informal atmosphere and a close-knit team, we believe we offer a unique working environment; our enviable staff retention rate speaks volumes about our ethos. It’s our aim for further substantial growth over the next 5 years and with our sights set on our ambition, there are opportunities for career advancement within our thriving, award-winning professional organisation.