We’re looking for a talented, passionate content writer / copywriter to join our growing marketing team and deliver high quality long form digital content which is SEO optimized and conversion primed.
- Proven portfolio of SEO-optimized articles on any subject whatsoever.
- A love for writing in English (and Romanian occasionally). Proven by the portfolio above.
- Basic SEO skills in order for you to already know what an H1 is, an inbound link and keyword density for example. It’s crucial to be aware of the requirements of online publishing success criteria and handle the jargon well. You don’t need extensive experience, we can support your learning process, but it’s ideal if you don’t start from 0.
- Great personality and team spirit that can help us push together, in the right direction. Our team is small (less than 20 people in total), so each person counts in influencing our culture.
- Outstanding clarity in communicating ideas in writing, for a diverse readership that is rather non-technical. Sometimes the challenges of restaurant owners and our resellers (our usual target audiences) may be technical or complex in nature, and we need you to make it simple for them to understand what they need to do to succeed.
- Empathy and ability to understand our audience, the people we’re writing for: restaurant owners, restaurant managers and resellers of restaurant services. It’s crucial you understand the average digital capabilities of this cohort, be aware of their problems and attempt to have a helpful, friendly tone towards them.
The skills above will most likely be tested as a second step of the hiring process! Nice to have
- Medium SEO skills that allow you to do your own keyword research on a subject matter. If you’ve ever used Ahrefs, KeywordTool.IO, SEMRush, MOZ or other such tools on a regular basis, and have constructed a strategy of content to cover the most interesting keywords, you’re perfect for this role. Even if you don’t, you’ll be trained to do it by our team.
- Project management skills, for coordinating and reviewing writing or translation projects with 3rd party freelancers or companies that sometimes help us externalize some of the occasional content work in those areas.
- Curiosity and initiative to challenge the status quo and come up with great innovative ideas of content pieces we can write to bring more people to our blogs, engage or inform them better, or convert them to clients easier than before.
- Attention to detail so no typo or layout mistake escapes your keen eyes before publishing.
- Other language skills, should you have them, constitute a slight advantage, but we mostly care about you having flawless English skills.
- So far, our business has grown almost exclusively organically, based on the content we write. So we expect you to carry the tradition forward and write great, informative content (preferably long form - 1500+ words) with plenty of calls to action for our potential clients to register, use our free platform and upgrade to the paid solutions that will drive their business forward.
- Almost every piece of content you produce will be illustrated visually with the help of our resident designer. You will collaborate with the designer as needed to produce excellent original illustrations of the ideas highlighted in your content, using featured images, infographics, photomanipulation and other techniques.
- We will support you (until you become proficient) in doing market and keyword research into the lexical categories that convert people that search on Google, Yandex, Bing and other search engines into website visitors, and then visitors to registered users.
- Whenever we have older content that you identify as a good candidate to be upgraded, you will be able to suggest and implement content changes in existing articles or pages, create A/B tests and decide which versions convert better.
- From time to time, we’ll get an idea about a longer form whitepaper or a social media campaign, and you’ll be asked to support the marketing team in creating and grooming content for the project or platform we’re targeting.
- We need a rhythm to the efforts we push forward, and your content should be published at least once or twice per week, depending on how fast you can produce it. We have no clear volume requirements and we know researched, quality content takes longer to produce, so we can set the article publishing frequency together, after you join us.
The platforms we write on, or we would like to write on, are:
What we offer
- Our main blog - https://www.gloriafood.com/blog
- Our website dedicated to restaurant menus - https://www.restaurant-menu.net/
- Our website dedicated to restaurant advertising - https://www.restaurant-promotions.net/
- Our website dedicated to restaurant websites - https://www.restaurant-website-builder.com/
- Platforms that we don’t currently write for that much, but we’d like to - Medium + Reddit + Quora + LinkedIn + Facebook + Pinterest, etc.
- An office in the very center of Bucharest! We’re based in TechHub, 6 minutes walk from the Universitate Metro station.
- A competitive salary compared to the rest of the publishing and content writing industry.
- Relaxed and friendly environment, professional and highly skilled team that’s a pleasure to work and grow with.
- TechHub provides us with water, coffee, cool events and the opportunity to meet and work near very talented and multi-disciplinary people we can interact with or even collaborate with. And we sometimes like to end the work day with a beer or two. :)
- Super flat hierarchy and really fast decision making - we’re interested in results, optimization and growing in an ethical way, not in politics, excessive meetings and rigid power structures.
- Last but definitely not least for a person that loves writing: creative freedom! If a great idea requires a certain style or approach, there’s very little we feel strongly about in terms of writing style, so feel free to go wild, as long as the content converts readers to clients.
- Developing a career path in our company is quite frequent, so after a few years of content writing and knowing the business really well, you can extend your responsibilities to other things in the marketing, business intelligence or product management fields, depending on your preferences.
GloriaFood is the first free online ordering system for restaurants. We believe food lovers should have an amazing ordering experience for their delivery. We think this should be possible without ripping off restaurants by charging high commission payments on every order. That’s why our core service - the ordering system and the table reservation system are both completely free to use, no matter how many orders or reservations a restaurant has. We bring extra value to restaurants by having paid services like a great integrated online / credit card payment system, by having THE best website template in the world (both from speed and SEO perspectives), by allowing restaurants to offer custom promotions of any kind to their clientele and by offering a branded mobile application available in the Apple or Google app stores.With over 6500+ clients in 100+ countries, we’re the restaurants’ best friend since 2013.