Sensor Applications Engineer, Engineering Center Cluj
Our digital transformation team has an interdisciplinary mission to turn data into knowledge and enable digitalization in all fields of business.
A key element of digitalization is the development of smart sensors which can be used in many everyday devices.
Interested? Get ready to work #LikeABosch!
Our team is happy to welcome you. Here is what you will be doing if you choose to join the team:
- You will develop key technologies in applications of MEMS sensors in everyday devices;
- You will work together with us on sensor solutions designed for smartphones, tablets, video game consoles, wearables, and the Internet of things;
- You will be involved in the development of sensor use cases like tap detection, gesture recognition, dead reckoning and other high-end applications;
- You will develop digital signal processing algorithms modules for sensor calibration, fusion and interpretation of sensor signals using Matlab and enhanced techniques like Kalman and Particle filters;
- You fully understand and experience the use case and the environment to provide a solution that makes our customers happy;
- You will contribute to our technology roadmap, find new use cases and applications;
- You will continuously ask for feedback – from colleagues who integrate your algorithm up to customers who use our products;
- You will be an active part of your agile team and contribute to the success of our products;
Who you are:
- You have a Degree (M.Sc./Dipl.) or PhD in electrical engineering or similar technology related programs;
- You have minimum 2 years of professional experience in sensor applications development;
- You have experience with the principles of Digital Signal Processing;
- You have experience in estimation algorithms, e.g. Kalman filtering, Particle filtering;
- You are familiar with sensor calibration algorithms / sensor fusion techniques;
- You are familiar with algorithm verification / validation methods and tools;
- You have experience with programming in Matlab / Simulink;
- You are an expert in algorithm verification / validation methods and tools;
- You have good knowledge of testing principles (Test-Driven-Development) and experience with unit and automated tests and code complexity checks in tools like JUnit, Sonarqube or similar;
We would also appreciate:
- If you have experience with programming in C;
- If you have experience with principles of inertial sensors is desirable;
- If you have knowledge of electronic filters theory and practice is desirable;
- If you have knowledge of SW development principles (testing, code quality);
- If you have experience with version control systems like GitLab, and Bitbucket;
- If you have experience of continuous Integration and Delivery tools like Jenkins;
You would be a perfect match to our team if:
- You are self-organized and able to estimate, prioritize and schedule own tasks;
- You have target and quality orientation;
- You have motivation and commitment to get involved, learn and contribute to the development of latest trends in Sensors applications;
- You have good communication skills, analytical thinking, you are team oriented, you have initiative and attention to details;
- You like diligence and proactivity;
- You have target and quality orientation;
The languages you should know:
- English – a good level is mandatory
- German – it is not mandatory, but it is an advantage
Your work-life balance is valuable to us, so we offer you:
- Annual leave, because work-life balance is essential to us;
- Flexible working hours, but if you want to work from somewhere else, feel free, our Home Office program helps you do that;
Your health and well-being is important to us, so we have you covered:
- Medical subscription
- Accident insurance
- Sport activities and well-being initiatives
We believe in a Life-Long Learning approach, so you can take advantage of:
- Technical and soft skills trainings;
- Access to e-learning platforms
- Local and Global career development programs
- Opportunity to attend conferences
- Bookster subscription
You will be part of a product company. You will contribute to developing end-to-end products that are delivered to Global OEMs.
On top of these, we are offering:
- A monthly budget which can be used for several different services on an online benefit platform
- Annual bonus
- Lunch discounts
- Relocation bonus
Ready to work #LikeABosch?
We live by our values, have an open feedback culture and there is plenty of room for innovative ideas. All because a team is only as valuable as its members.
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people’s lives. Whether in areas of Automated Driving, Electric & Connected Mobility, IoT or Connectivity, our ideas make driving safer and more comfortable than ever before. This is only possible with the help of more than 1000 talented engineers from Bosch Engineering Center Cluj specialized in software, hardware & mechanics and reliability engineering, who work closely together with other Engineering Centers within Bosch and with Bosch Cluj Plant in order to offer unique products and AIoT solutions to our clients from around the world.
So, are you ready to shape the future of the mobility together with us? Let us tell you more. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.