Security Senior SIEM Engineer will support and develop clients implementation in SIEM. Primary day-today job duties involve enrolling log sources, administration, content necessary to implement Security Use Cases and transform into correlation queries, templates, reports, rules, alerts, dashboards, and workflow.
- Service Delivery in time and expected quality
- Sharing the advanced technical knowledge
- Satisfaction level of external clients
- Standard Log Sources On-Boarding, by taking part in the planning, testing and implementation of the new device or host deployment projects and providing the SIEM requirements for its successful on-boarding
- New Log Source Type On-Boarding Projects, by providing assistance on onboarding new appliances/servers into the SIEM platform, providing requirements and verifying that the on-boarding has been done successfully
- Configuration Back-up, by creating an automatic back-up task or on demand based on an agreed schedule with the Customer and performing weekly reviews of the back-up mechanisms
- Maintaining the SIEM platform up to date by downloading, testing and performing platform updates
- Third party Security Feed testing and integration
- Develops advanced scripts for manipulation of multiple data repositories to support analyst requirements
- Develop advanced reports to meet the requirements of key stakeholders
- Develop scalable security management tools and processes
- Risk/Compliance statistical reports of the current logging status for the whole environment, or for specific groups or departments.
- Creating and implementing SIEM data retention policy, based on Customer requirements
- Expanding the SIEM Infrastructure, by providing the required change details in a timely manner to the Customer
- Integrate the SIEM platform with 3rd party technologies, when applicable (e.g. Tripwire)
- Threat Use Case Planning, by identifying the threat use cases that are of upmost importance to the organization by means of reviewing Enterprise risk management, cyber risk assessment reports and 3rd party Security feeds
- Threat Use Case Design, which will include an understanding of attacks through attack trees, recognizing threats via indicators, and the gathering of intelligence for research and planning purposes
- Threat Use Case Builds, by specifying an alert description, criticality, applicable log sources, log events and thresholds for the alert, response phases and objectives and the alert workflow
- Correlated SIEM rule proposal and subsequent creation, based on identified threat use cases
- Threat Use Case documentation and hands-on training on proposed correlated rules
- Interfacing with the SIEM vendor for the purposes of support case management
- Know and apply company security procedures related with the information he works with
- Classified information are treated according with internal rules
- Respect Work Labor, Internal procedures, Individual Work Contract and local legislation
Skills and Experience:
- Detailed knowledge of security technologies and trends.
- Previous experience with SIEM (Splunk, QRadar, ArcSight, LogRhythm etc.) administration and content development
- Working knowledge/experience of network systems security principles and applications
- Fundamental understanding of defense strategies.
- Completion of a Bachelors degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology, or Mathematics (or equivalent work experience)
- Possess active industry certifications such as Comptia Security+, SSCP, GCIH, GCIA SPLUNK or related