SCOPE: The Senior Project Engineering Manager is responsible for the project team coordination such way to deliver the project/ projects by achieving established project performance criteria while respecting Company and Customer quality standards and job requirements:
- Manages project team Company wide with focus on delivery and performance of the assigned projects;
- Develop good working and interpersonal relation with Customer representatives;
- Act as Customer advocate within the Company taking all necessary measures and precautions to allow project delivery in accordance with contractual requirements;
- Ownership of all tasks delegated to Coordinators and other project staff;
- Responsible for project communications with customer for the assigned projects;
- Provides input to schedule for local resources;
- Develops work orders and work plans for project tasks;
- Leads the estimation efforts for new opportunities;
: Maintains a close working relationship with Customer representative, Company Lead Office team Project Managers, Supervising Discipline Engineers, Principal Engineers, Chief Discipline Engineers, Engineering leadership and support departments. PRIMARY RESPONISIBILITIES:
- Assists with the establishment and implementation of project manpower needs and coordinates technical activities among disciplines;
- Prepare procurement plan to allow timely engagement of sub-contractors;
- Manage and monitor selected sub-contractors with respect of project performance criteria;
- Plan the manpower requirement for site survey and supervision activities;
- Works with Materials Management and Construction to develop subcontract and work package descriptions that are consistent with the contracting plan for the project, if applicable.
- Identifies and ensures compliance with regulatory, licensing and state requirements.
- Prepares and issues Project Execution Plans (PXP) and any other project procedures and documents according with Company standards and Customer requirements e.g. Project Quality Plan (PQP), Project HSE Plan, etc, and ensures that all necessary and appropriate client requirements, procedures and standards are incorporated.
- Compiles deliverable lists from each discipline to develop master document list for project.
- Coordinates development of work-hour estimates and transfers information to Project Controls for preparation of engineering cost estimate.
- Takes ownership for the project progress report for Customer according with contract provisions;
- Takes ownership for internal project report according with project type;
- Schedules and coordinates progress and alignment meetings between different project teams functions and Customer counterparts as well as between project team and different Company departments, i.e. Engineeering.
- Cooperates with other departments in the company participating on the project.
- Assures proper documentation of meetings, agreements, conversations, etc. that affect the conduct of the project.
- Coordinates the client’s engineering comments, approvals and requests with the functional activities of all disciplines.
- Requests the employment of expert consultants when deemed necessary for the project.
- Coordinates Independent Engineering Design Reviews by discipline engineering management of selected architecture, engineering and design documents.
- Reviews engineering performance on the project to ensure quality, conformance with conceptual design and completeness of engineering tasks.
- Identifies change order candidates, estimate the change impact and follow change management processes to allow change approval by External and/ or Internal Customer;
- Complies with company’s safety awareness program, office and/or field safety policies.
- Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training.
- Fully understands the role of each functional area within the company.
- Conforms to company core values and assists others to adhere to them.
- Acts with integrity in all elements of responsibility.
- Expresses ideas clearly and listens effectively to the ideas of others.
- Ensures that project repository follows Company standards, is maintained and on time updated during project execution
- Facilitates integration of technical support teams into their projects
- Responsible for compliance with all AECOM project management requirements – QMS, DOA, etc.
- Ensures that the subcontractors used on their projects are AECOM and Customer- approved and subcontractor staff comply with E&PS requirements
- Identify the skills gap in the team and put in place plans to compensate;
- Leads the estimation effort and make sure that the accurate and required information is available to the team and the teams is aware of the Company expectation; Works with different functions within the Company to determine the staffing plan for the opportunity, costs and delivery schedule; Puts together all information and assumption from different contributors to prepare the proposal; Leads the estimate/ proposal review process;
- Treats HSE as top priority on project, plan and act accordingly to allow complete adherence to Company and Customer HSE requirements, policies and procedures;
- Impose all Company and Customer HSE requirements to sub-contractors and put in place process to allow sub-contractors monitoring;
- Implement HSE project training procedure/ requirements for teams member travelling to site.
AECOM is a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges.
Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security.
We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives.
Imagine it. Delivered.