Senior Process Specialist - Trade Compliance
Experience in HTS & ECCN classification
Knowledge of trade compliance processes and the interplay with global supply chains
Good experience with global regulatory requirements such as: CPSIA, FCC, EPA, CCPSA, EN 71, RoHS, WEE, CE mark, Profeco, IEFTL, China CIQ
Strong written and oral communication skills in English
A mix of compliance and project management experience
Knowledge or experience in one of the following regulatory environments: Consumer product safety regulations & standards: food, drug and cosmetic, toys, electronics; import regulations; private label product development
Previous experience with influencing, consultation/advisement and improving remote operations
Working knowledge of lean six sigma and process improvement methodologies
Direct experience with European consumer product regulations and testing processes
Previous experience in tech, textiles environment, electronics, consumer goods or other innovative businesses is a strong plus
Ability to work autonomously
Please submit your CV in English
The Compliance Operation group is an integral part of Amazon online product lifecycle and buying operations. The team is designed to ensure Amazon is compliant in the online retail space. The team’s primary role is to increase selection and improve quality of selection available to the customer by ensuring that only products compliant to all local regulations (safety, social, cultural & environmental) are available to the customer, thus improving customer and seller experience. The tasks handled by this group have a direct impact on shipment of the product and catalog selection. We are looking for a leader to guide compliance program management initiatives.
The position is responsible for supporting Amazon’s worldwide compliance program primarily focusing on EU regulatory requirements. By supporting compliance approaches while creating innovative solutions that move at internet speed this position will have an opportunity to apply SME level knowledge in new and exciting ways. We are looking for a talented Trade Compliance SME who has direct experience with global consumer product regulations, testing and compliance strategies to support our rapidly growing and evolving business.
- Applying SME level knowledge of European trade regulations, to create innovative solutions to compliance. Inventing and simplifying processes and requirements to enable vendors, and supply chain to expand selection and availability globally.
- Handle large and complicated, cross-functional projects
- Develop best-in-class processes and systems, and guide continual improvement.
- Define scalable business solutions which ensure compliance with consumer product regulations
- Communicate technical regulatory requirements to non-technical stakeholders
- Write rules to auto-classify ASIN's with HTS/ECCN codes based on the detail page/CSI page information
- Manually classify ASIN’s with HTS/ECCN codes based on business requirements
- Ensure that EU regulatory requirements are met for products and support other functions such as Retail, Supply Chain, Transportation, Customer Service, and Legal.
- Work cross-functionally and coordinate compliance training and awareness raising programs in retail, operations and sales teams.
- Communicate technical requirements to non-technical stakeholders.
Amazon.com, Inc. is an American multinational technology company which focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It has been referred to as "one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world", and the world's most valuable brand. It is one of the Big Five American information technology companies, alongside Alphabet (Google), Apple, Meta (Facebook), and Microsoft.