Senior Java Developer
- Enjoy and have experience building and integrating APIs
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code. We work mostly in Java.
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Love design systems that are elegant abstractions over complex financial industry patterns/practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of Java 11
- Previous experience with payment processing or eCommerce
- Strong knowledge of Concurrency and Threading Principles
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience with UNIX/Linux environment
- Design, build, and maintain APIs and systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Build a new API or iterate on existing APIs
- Develop/Integrated new features with 3rd-party merchants and processors
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Build new systems to securely store sensitive data
What you’ll get in return:
- Full remote working with flexible working hours
- 24 days holiday with 2 additional days off on the 24th and 31st December every year
- Bi-annual performance reviews which can lead to 2 additional bonuses yearly based on your performance
- 5% of your gross salary annual bonus
- Annual Salary Increase every February
- Private Medical Insurance with Regina Maria (Premium Subscription)
- Unlimited Access to our learning platform
- 500 EUR/year allowance for education certifications
- Meal Vouchers (Edenred - 300 lei/month)
- The option to work as a B2B collaborator (PFA/SRL) as well.
Our client is a global industry-leading information technology company headquartered in Luxembourg, with offices in Bucharest, Nicosia, London, Montreal and Los Angeles. With over 1400 employees worldwide, they continue their expansion with the acquisition and licensing of some of the most iconic brands in entertainment media. They are developing industry-leading solutions enabling faster, more efficient delivery of content every second to millions of customers worldwide. The Company is committed to enhancing its technological capabilities and thrives on a sustainable growth trajectory built on innovation and excellence.
Credit cards are at the core of all payments processing. The payments team operates systems responsible for processing all credit card transactions.
They are looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems, who are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, have exquisite attention to detail and are comfortable integrating new technologies and systems.
The exposure to adult content in this role is almost zero (except some text key word), as the role is focused on Backend.