Senior Internal Auditor
- being accountable for the execution of the annual audit plan;
- working with all relevant stakeholders to manage the timely remediation of all internal audit management actions;
- managing relationships with stakeholders and assist in coordinating the local Audit & Risk Committee meetings.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
1. Identifying & reporting on, and ensuring remediation of control weaknesses. You will:
- Use your business knowledge and work with stakeholders to support the HoA Romania in delivering an annual audit plan that addresses the perceived key areas of risk for Vodafone Romania and influence the shaping of the Regional and Group audit plans;
- Perform those audits in line with the Group internal audit methodology;
- Produce high quality reports that identify control weaknesses and obtain commitment from management to address them;
- Support the HoA in working with management to ensure that control weaknesses identified have been satisfactorily remediated within the agreed timescale.
- Support the HoA in communicating effectively with process owners during the execution of audits for which you are accountable, and ensure that management is promptly informed of identified control weaknesses;
- Support the HoA to prepare the Audit & Risk Committee papers, brief the Chair-person and local management on their contents and conduct the meetings;
- Liaise with the Group Internal Audit function, enterprise risk, legal and regulatory compliance functions and other relevant teams to ensure timely and effective communication of potential risks to Vodafone Romania’s control environment and share information from Romania potentially relevant to other Vodafone entities.
- Identify the other internal and external providers of assurance in Vodafone Romania, including the external auditor, ensure regular and open communication with them, and a coordinated approach to assurance activities, supporting them as required;
- With the other providers of assurance, interpret the results of assurance activities and present management with deep insight about the control environment and influence their focus on areas requiring attention.4. Adding value to Vodafone through proficiency in identifying risks and assessing control environments. You will:
- Have sufficient knowledge of Vodafone’s business to be effective in analysing and identifying potential risks and control weaknesses;
- Provide thought-leadership to Vodafone Romania on matters directly related to assuring the control environment through auditing;
- Keep your knowledge current and adopt a continuous learning approach to your own personal development;
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience in either internal or external audit, or a closely-related function (Big 4 preferred)
- Knowledge of business processes and applying controls to manage risks inherent in them
- Ability to work under pressure and to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Manage stakeholder relationships whilst maintaining Internal Audit’s independence
- Internal or external audit qualification, or equivalent
- Accountancy qualification advantageous
- Some project or program management experience advantageous
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Every great brand stands for something and, at Vodafone, our purpose is ‘to connect for a better future’. Vodafone is a leading telecommunications company in Europe and Africa. Our expertise and scale give us a unique opportunity to drive positive change for society. Our networks keep family, friends, businesses and governments connected and – as the COVID-19 pandemic has proven – we play a vital role in keeping economies running and the functioning of critical sectors like education and healthcare. Working at Vodafone is all about helping people to benefit from the new technology and innovations. We bring the future to even the most remote places, using technology to help families in disaster zones, enabling access to digital for the vulnerable, connecting millions of vehicles to the internet and thinking about technology that doesn’t even exist yet. Over 30 years ago, we made the first ever mobile phone call and sent the first SMS in Britain and have been changing the lives of billions of people ever since. In Romania, we are also carrying a long history of firsts – first mobile operator in Romania, first GSM operator to launch the short messaging service (SMS) and first to offer GPRS (2001), 3G (2005), 4G (2012) and 5G (2019) services – and innovations: we offered world’s first live hologram concert and, later, 4K holograms of Romanian mothers. We believe being different is good. We can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. We do this through our maternity and parental leave policies, by empowering women through connectivity and improving access to education and digital skills for women, girls, and society at large. We are respectful of all individuals, irrespective of race, ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, belief, culture or religion. Your different perspectives help us to shape the future. At Vodafone, we are also taking significant steps to reduce our impact on our planet by reducing our greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2025, purchasing 100% of our electricity from renewable sources by 2025, and reusing, reselling or recycling 100% of our redundant network equipment. The future is exciting. Ready?