Our Advisory Services Department is growing and we need a Financial Service Senior. By becoming a part of EY, you will join a fast growing and dynamically developing department that is one of the key players in the Romanian market.
You will work in multi-disciplinary teams to provide broad advisory services, from strategy, process analysis, IT implementation support or mathematical modeling. Working together, we help clients better assess and improve their operations, grow revenue and manage risks to increase shareholder value.
As a senior consultant you will be part of the advisory team responsible for engagements with financial services clients. You contribute technically to client engagements and internal projects dedicated to financial services institutions. Also, you will be in the position to coordinate small teams of consultants.
Skills and attributes for success
- Work constructively with team
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- Interest in the different fields of consultancy
- Knowledge of English at intermediate level or above
- Confidence in PC use (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To qualify for the role you must have
- 2 – 6 years of experience in banking institutions in one or more of the following areas would be considered as an asset: banking processes, process assessment and reengineering, IT implementation (business requirements preparation, testing, project management) Basel 2, reporting, risk management, risk modeling
- Knowledge of the main regulatory requirements in the financial service would be considered as an asset
- Experience in a consultancy company (strategic or Big 4), would be considered as an asset.
- Excellent, proven communication skills both oral and in writing, in English and Romanian
- Excellent abilities Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent academic background with undergraduate and postgraduate degrees preferably in statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, risk management, economics, finance or other area with strong quantitative focus.
Other potential job requirements
What we look for
We are looking for a new team member prepared to begin working in a friendly team from February 2018, who has a feeling for and an interest in finance and business. If you dream of a career in an international company, with high focus on development and innovation, this vacancy is for you.
Your key responsibilities
- Participate in Customer engagements and coordinate small teams of consultants. Working in a team, you will interact with the client in order to collect and deliver all the necessary data/information/reports regarding the scope of the engagement
- Support in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Review of the worked performed by the more junior colleagues of the team Ensures that delivered work is of high quality and is ready to be evaluated by next-level reviewer;
- Anticipates and identifies risks and escalates issues as appropriate
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within EY Advisory Services and with other services across the organization.
- Identify new business opportunities by paying attention to the client’s needs and thinking about potential ways to address those needs
- Contribute to the learning and development of the team by sharing the knowledge accumulated during client projects
What working at EY offers
We don’t want to brag, but …
We provide more than just a daily supply of fresh fruits, a gym membership and unlimited coffee.
Our motto is above everyone so we obviously have the best view over whole Bucharest.
We highly promote smart working. With flexible working you are able to work from Starbucks where you enjoy your EY employer discounts on delicious Grande, sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla soy, double shot, decaf, no foam, extra hot, peppermint white chocolate mocha with light whip and extra syrup.
But let’s be serious! EY is holding your hand to help you climb up that career ladder. We offer professional trainings, support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around, and thanks to that over 70% of our team members have a chance to grow and get promoted every year.
In Romania, EY has been a leader on the professional services market since its set up in 1992 and our over 700 team members in Romania and Moldova provide seamless assurance, tax, transactions, and advisory services to clients ranging from multinationals to local companies. Our offices are based in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara, Iasi and Chisinau.
As the business world changes, can you keep the pace?
Joining EY places you on the cutting edge of business trends. From the very start of your career, you’ll see first-hand how they shape our world.
At EY we have a privileged perspective on business. We not only operate in over 150 countries, we also have insights into many of the world’s largest organizations and governments. This allows us to make predictions on trends which shape our future and change tomorrow in the process.
Our network is the most integrated at global level and its vast resources allow us to help our clients benefit from every opportunity.
We’ve been voted in 2014 and 2016 second most attractive employer globally after Google and No 1 Professional Services Employer in the world by students, graduates and young professionals. We are more than everywhere in the world, so you can be sure that there will be an expert somewhere who is more than willing to help you out and to answer every question you have. Speaking of which, we have the most globally integrated knowledge system, which brought to us the Global Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise (MAKE) award for 17 years in a row.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://eyromania.ro/cariere/ Find us on: www.facebook.com/EYCareersRomania