We’re in the process of scaling our company, therefore we need highly competent and motivated developers to help us make better products. The role will offer an expert the chance to not only build great software, but also to develop and improve our company and its processes, empowering them to help us grow Phyramid together.
You would lead and develop the highest-level technical systems in our company in our company, from code review, business intelligence metrics, to refinements to our CI/CD systems. Since our clients are located all over the world, you would also help us solve problems in an international and multicultural environment. It would be ideal if you could step in as a team leader or tech coordinator.
What a Senior Developer does at Phyramid
Coding, system design, automated testing and support
Requirements analysis and planning
- Develops solutions for our customers that are modular, testable and reliable;
- Participates in code reviews and provides constructive feedback on system design and implementation to help the team improve coding skills;
- Manages complex interactions between different modules and libraries of code throughout a large software system;
- Is the go-to software engineer in the company for complex issues;
You’ll also need most (not necessarily all) of the following
- Participates in the definition of technical solutions by aiding the team understand complex systems;
- Provides feedback on existing systems and aids the improvement of existing ones;
- Reports progress and status to leads/managers;
What can we offer you?
- 5+ years of real industry experience developing web (and optionally mobile) applications in production environments;
- 3+ years of experience with SQL;
- ideally some experience working with React Native or equivalent technologies;
- experience building scalable, high availability applications;
- good knowledge and experience of using industry recognised practices like unit testing, continuous integration and delivery;
- some experience working with asynchronous programming/concurrency;
- solid knowledge of design patterns, performance issues and troubleshooting strategies;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, challenging environment;
- ability to work both independently and as part of the team;
As we’re in the process of building a great company, you will have the chance to shape our future. You'll have a say in the technical, business and day-to-day aspects of our business, and your opinion will be valued — you'll be an integral part of the team. As our go-to software engineer, your technical opinions will be valued. We also know that not only company vacations and our office location in the city centre will motivate you, but we are open to offering great compensation packages and a culture that will help you thrive.
We are Phyramid
We’re a digital product studio, on a mission to launch innovative products and services that have a positive impact on the world. We actively engage in conversations at the intersection of cutting edge technology, scientific research and business with organisations such as University of Oxford, Engie, GSK. Our work fundamentally changes the way organisations operate, which is why we employ only the most passionate people in our industry.