Senior C++ Application Developer
- 2+ years’ experience developing software in C++;
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and multi-threading;
- BS in computer science or related discipline;
- Knowledgeable about tools and debug techniques (Wireshark, Perforce, GIT, Jenkins).
- Extremely good English verbal communications skills and a desire for strong team collaboration is a must in this Agile development environment.
- Over and above, a deep commitment to your own quality work and a strong desire to help the entire team to succeed;
- Understanding of communication protocols of 5G, the service-based architecture and 5G protocols related to the core network;
- Knowledge 3GPP standards, the associated core network protocols (e.g. one the S1u, S11, S5, SGi interfaces) and understanding the technology;
- Experience with security protocols (e.g. IPSec);
About the project
The Keysight Network Visibility products provide the ability for our customers to tap, aggregate, filter, sample, as well as perform many other functions on their network traffic for monitoring and analysis.
Keysight’s network packet broker provides multiple applications, such as:
MobileStack – monitoring of customer traffic from a mobile user/session perspective (e.g.GTP, SIP/RTP)
AppStack – monitoring of customer traffic from an application perspective (i.e. L4-L7)
SecureStack – providing secure encryption/decryption for TLS1.3 (Active SSL)
TradeVision – stock trading monitoring and analysis tool
PacketStack – standard packet broker features such as aggregation, deduplication, masking, etc.
NetStack – port tagging and VLAN stripping
Our MobileStack products track mobile users and sessions, sending the associated control and user plane data to specific network monitoring tools (i.e. probes) for analysis. In addition, they load balance across probes and provide sampling, filtering and VIP whitelisting functionalities.
This allows our customers to manage their probe bandwidth by looking at a subset of the overall network traffic, in addition to being able to troubleshoot specific quality of service issues. As network traffic continues to increase each year, our customers need solutions to monitor it more efficiently and cost effectively.
About the team
We are following a well-defined development process with clear steps from setting priorities based on customer feedback and business needs, to feature specifications, architecture review, test plan and continuous integration using tools and clear processes for source control, code reviews, and feature tracking.
Working schedule is flexible. We have regular daily meetings for status and occasional technical meetings based on the project phase and status
- Design, prototype and iterate on creative concepts to meet our user requirements in a 5G environment (SA and NSA).
- Implement 5G core network related protocol parsers and logic to provide filtering and sampling on 5G mobile network parameters.
- Identifying methods for correlating user traffic to specific probes and patent methods.
- Participate in definition of new software product features and software.
- Rapidly solve problems and fix bugs.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Develop unit tests and perform feature/integration testing.
- Provide input and help resolve customer escalations for product issues.
- Use testing equipment (IxNetwork/IxLoad) or other popular traffic tools for traffic generation and protocol simulation.
- Collaborate closely with peers, including QA engineers and software developers in a distributed environment (US, Romania).
- Contribute new ideas and methods to continuously improve product quality and development efficiency.
- We offer an attractive employee benefits package that covers:
- Personal and professional development tools;
- Internal library;
- Medical subscription for employee and family members;
- Flexible working hours;
- Work from home;
- Competitive salary package based on performance;
- Access to sport activities, and many others.
Keysight Technologies is a leading technology company with over 75 years of market leadership and innovation delivery that helps enterprises, service providers, and governments connect and secure the world.
Our mission is to:
- Change the world through top-notch products that connect and secure the world.
- Continuously embrace technical challenges as a way to learn and be at the heart of the technology revolution.
- Bring products to market faster, from design to prototype validation, to manufacturing test, to optimization in networks and cloud environments.
- Deliver the world-changing innovation through the latest technologies in an attractive & dynamic work environment.
- Give back to the community we belong to.