Desired qualifications and skills
- bachelor (master degree is preferred) in computer science, information technology engineering, applied mathematics, or related fields;
- strong analytical skills, such as problem solving and logical thinking;
- enthusiasm to learn new things and work in a multidisciplinary and international research environment;
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- at least minimal experience in using a machine learning framework such as PyTorch, TensorFlow or Keras, or some experience in object-oriented programming of advanced numerical or algebraic algorithms;
This position represents an ideal and privileged opportunity for both recently graduated students and more experienced computer scientists and engineers to join a vibrant, international, and multidisciplinary working environment, and to contribute to the advancement of the state of the art of the research in machine learning and program synthesis.
Research software developers / research assistants for machine learning / deep learning
The Romanian Institute of Science and Technology (RIST) has an open position of research software developer / research assistant for machine learning / deep learning in the Deep Computational Intelligence group, in Cluj, Romania.
The successful applicant will work on the development and the experimental evaluation of novel machine learning systems that automatically develop web pages (HTML/CSS). This may include:
- efficiently implementing learning algorithms, using frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow;
- monitoring computational experiments;
- collecting, structuring and analyzing datasets such as large repositories of web pages.
The successful applicant might also apply machine learning algorithms for solving problems of interest to client companies for which the institute provides consultancy services.
The candidate will likely program mostly in Python, but should be open to use the technologies most appropriate for each task, as needed.
The contract may start as soon as possible, according to the availability of the candidate, and will be offered on a fixed period until December 2020. RIST offers competitive salaries and top-level working conditions. The net salary for this position will be in the range of 6,000-11,000 lei monthly (gross salary: 9,200-17,000 lei), according to the experience of the candidate. How to apply:
In order to apply to this position, the interested candidates should send by email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org the following information:
- full curriculum vitae (or a link to it, if available online);
- if available: links to open source software developed by the applicant, the latest thesis written by the applicant (e.g, a Masters thesis), descriptions of interesting projects to which the applicant had a significant contribution, or scientific publications;
- optionally: a motivation letter, in English: Why would you like to work with us? Why should we hire you?
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Institutul Român de Ştiinţă şi Tehnologie este un institut de cercetare privat, non-profit. Institutul derulează cercetări în inteligenţă artificială şi dinamica sistemelor complexe.