The role holder manages a team of people to achieve agreed business objectives.
Contributes to the management team activities of their function, owns the processes, manages the transition of new tasks to the shared services model and is responsible with continuous service improvement.
As a team leader, the role holder will be the contact point for all team members, so communication skills should be excellent. This role should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
Ultimately, the role suppose to lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals.
People Management Responsibilities
Employee Engagement & Motivation
- Define team roles and activities to meet team objectives, balancing skills, experience, team styles and workload.
- Creating an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Agree objectives with each team member, setting clear performance expectations
- Review performance against objectives on a regular basis (in addition to mid-year and full year appraisal) providing feedback/coaching. Agree amendments as required
- Identify and agree development actions for current and future roles, providing ongoing coaching and support in the achievement of those actions.
- Address shortfalls in performance via coaching support and performance counseling.
Business Management Responsibilities Governance
- Hold weekly communication / team meetings with team members to cascade company information and solicit views/opinions
- Hold monthly 1:1 meetings with each team member to discuss progress and ensure two-way communication
- Deploy Employee engagement survey, ensure personal involvement in actions to drive team improvements
- Provide timely reward and recognition to team members for exceptional performance
- Represent the views of your team via upward communication to Senior Management
- Manage and monitor costs and resources within area of responsibility to comply with company direction and procedures;
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures (e.g. HR policies, purchasing, expenses, business ethics);
- Management of emails, phone calls to be done professionally and timely;
Transition of new activities to the shared services model
- Owning the transition of new activities to the Shared Services model – training, process documentation, ad-hoc requirements
- Manages the delivery of the project, ensuring that the project produces the required results -- to the required scope, milestones, quality;
- Ensures all project management deliverables (e.g., risk log, project plan, project documentation) are maintained and quality assured regularly;
- Ongoing and periodic monitoring of progress to ensure project objectives are delivered on time, and required results are realized
- Review progress monthly and implement action plan to address any deviation from key business performance metrics
- Carry out quality checks to ensure quality standards are maintained; Create scrutiny, inspection and coaching process specific
- Managing escalation and resolution of common issues
- Drive automation initiatives and support continuous development of existing tools
- Own review calls with stakeholders and continuous seeking out of improvement areas
- Support the achievement of the productivity target through excellent resource utilisation
HCL Technologies is a next-generation global technology company that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. Our technology products, services, and engineering are built on four decades of innovation, with a world-renowned management philosophy, a strong culture of invention and risk-taking, and a relentless focus on customer relationships.
We offer an integrated portfolio of products, solutions, services, and IP through our Mode 1-2-3 strategy, built around Digital, IoT, Cloud, Automation, Cybersecurity, Analytics, Infrastructure Management and Engineering Services, amongst others. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and 120,000+ ‘Ideapreneurs’ working in 39 countries, HCL serves leading enterprises across key industries, including 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000.