Quality Assurance Testing Senior Analyst
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Undergraduate degree and 3+ years relevant experience in testing
- Understanding of intersystem dependencies for sales, marketing, finance, order management, and fulfillment systems
- Ability to manage multiple IT launches and program executions; Overcome barriers through troubleshooting techniques, leveraging trusted partners and subject matter experts, and resourcefulness to complete tasks on time when challenges arise
- Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and develop general knowledge of systems being tested
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Join us as an Quality Assurance Testing Senior Analyst on our Quality Assurance Testing team in Bucharest to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As an Quality Assurance Testing Senior Analyst, you will entail testing systems and processes from both the perspective of a customer and internal sales representatives. The candidate will be responsible for thoroughly examining the sales and marketing tools to ensure conformity to requirements and delivering an optimized user and customer experience.
- Develop test strategy based on documented business requirements and technical design. Present test plan strategies to business and IT partners prior to UAT entry; Successfully execute test cases during the project’s lifecycle, while ensuring compliance and quality in all phases of work
- Identify, log, and track defects as needed in accordance with severity & priority guidelines
- Actively contribute in working sessions with IT for troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and retesting to ensure defects are resolved
- Participate in daily stand-ups, core team meetings, IT demo sessions etc.
- Publish testing progress statistics and reporting to stakeholders and leadership; Execute post-launch validation, defect identification, and resolution; Conduct post-launch monitoring using monitoring systems and reporting tools; Document and track project details in Confluence
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.