QA Manual Tester
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manual Tester to join our team of IT professionals. Primarily, the QA Tester has a hands-on role with responsibility for improving and ensuring the overall quality of delivery through a keen focus on the systematic and consistent production of both manual and executable specifications, applying principles that are aligned with the industry best practice.
● Define and execute end-to-end test cases
● Perform functional, application, regression, compatibility, performance and smoke tests
● Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts
● Report agreed metrics and progress
● Work with the Development team to develop, publish and implement test plans
● Troubleshoot production issues / escalated support issues for the software platform that the QA is responsible for testing by tracking software bugs and investigating the causes
● Work with the development lead to assist in the code deployment process
● Work closely with the project manager to define product expectations and acceptance criteria
● Help identify ways to enhance testing strategy with new tools, processes or techniques
● Provide stakeholders with concrete measurements of product quality
● Represent QA in design and functional requirement reviews
● Interact with Program Management regarding new and existing features
● Take ownership for the quality of the product that is released
● Effective Communication - good command of English both written and verbal, combined with the ability to communicate complexity in a simple manner to all levels.
● Testing Best Practice - Smoke testing, Functional and cross-cutting (non-functional) testing to include but not limited to: integration, volume, load, stress, performance, security, usability, exploratory, regression testing
● Reporting - defect management, quality targets/dashboards together with quality standards and guidance, test planning and the use of tools like JIRA, Bugzilla, Trello
● Software/Scripting Languages - one or more of the following: SQL, Shell, Batch, JSON/XML, C# .NET, Ruby.
● Experience with writing database queries and update scripts to facilitate analyzing and manipulating data in order to conduct tests. Databases evidence must include one or more of the following: MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, DB2
● Environment - familiarity with an Agile/Lean environment with version control repositories such as Subversion or Github. DESIRABLE
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Continuous Integration - familiarity with continuous integration servers such as TeamCity, Jenkins, build tools such as Ant/Nant, MSBuild, Rake, AppVeyor
● Administration - may include Windows, Linux, Mac and Network Administration, Virtualisation (VMWare/Hyper-V)
● Community - activity in the agile test community, attending or facilitating workshops, conferences and published articles/content or blogs.
● ISTQB Certification - Foundation Level
Remember the last time you danced in a supermarket or while shopping for clothes? We are the ones playing that music for you.
Mood Media is the Global Leader in elevating Customer Experiences – combining Sight, Sound, Scent, Social Media and Mobile Solutions to create greater emotional connections between brands and consumers. Our clients include companies of all sizes and market sectors, from the world´s biggest brands to thousands of small businesses. Our solutions reach more than 150 million people every day at 500,00+ client locations in 106 countries.
For further information about Mood Media, please visit www.moodmedia.com.