Waters is developing solutions that make a meaningful impact on the world
- Waters Helps Scientists in the Fight Against Cancer
- Waters Helps Ensure The Quality & Safety of Food and Beverages
- Waters Helps Drive Innovation in Chemical Materials
- Waters Helps Scientists manufacture innovation for biodegradable plastics, safer cosmetics and latest consumer electronics
- Waters Leads the way in helping scientists find ground-breaking treatments
As a Senior Software Engineer at Waters Romania (Brasov), you will work on projects critical to our Informatics business needs.
We're looking for creative and innovative engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including data processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. We encourage all our engineers to constantly add value to themselves and the business through learning and collaboration.
We are looking for smart, self-motivated software engineers to join our truly exceptional engineering team.
- Use your technical skills to design, implement, maintain and execute automated tests - unit, integration and end-to-end tests as well as non-functional tests using relevant mock-ups if required
- Be responsible for ensuring tests run without failure and contribute to continuous integration efforts
- Carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the Quality Policy and all applicable procedures including a team’s definition of done
- Provide test support to internal users where appropriate.
As a team member you will:
- Participate at the productive code design/development and at the test strategy definition
- Participate in all team meetings and ceremonies in direct collaboration with other sites, provide input and feedback, take ownership on identified improvements.
- Actively participate in learning and sharing activities either during informal or formal training and demos
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science related subject.
- You have a University degree ( preferably in a science related subject or in engineering).
- You have Software Programming/Evaluation experience and a basic experience in applying technical standards.
- You have a good understanding of Object Oriented languages (C#) and Automated Testing Frameworks (Jenkins, VS test framework, SpecFlow, Cucumber, White, TestComplete, or others)
- CI/CD - Jenkins, Bamboo, Git workflows, Virtualization
- AWS knowledge is a plus
- You are using efficiently your communication, teamwork, analysis and decision making skills and you are familiar with Agile methodologies.
- You are fluent in English - speaking, reading, writing - Advanced level.
- You care about software; you have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions and experiences.
- You have an eye for software design/testing and can talk eloquently on a range of topics due to your experiences and also from reading and experimentation.
- For you it’s more than a job. Among other things we’re strong advocates of creating quality software, and using the latest testing methodologies to ensure we meet the expectations of our customers.
- Strong business judgment and record of making the right decisions.
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others.
- Experience in mentoring and developing engineers.
- Passion for insisting on high standards
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team.
- A good negotiator with the gravitas to influence and create harmony in an engineering context.
- The position requires liaison with other members of the Software and Software Control Departments, Quality, IT and Systems Evaluation, at all levels, and may include contact with both internal and external users.
Employee Success Model Requirements:
- Operates with integrity, transparency and humility
- Acts as a true company owner to advance the overall interests of Waters
- Carries a broad global perspective of markets, tech, and trends
- Balances clear strategic thinking and accountability in execution to deliver results
- Actively creates the conditions for Waters’ people and teams to succeed
For over 50 years, Waters Corporation is a Worldwide Leader in Developing innovative, cutting edge analytical science solutions to support customer discoveries, Laboratory Operations, performance and regulatory compliance. Specifically, the company designs, manufactures, sells, and services high performance Chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis technology systems all over the world. Our high quality analytical instruments enable Significant advancements Within the pharmaceutical, life science, biochemical, industrial, food safety, Environmental, clinical, academic and government industries. Waters is a Publicly Traded Corporation (NYSE: WAT) with more than 6000 employees and is represented in 125 Countries Worldwide. For more information you can access: http://www.waters.com