The Finance team of TELUS International Europe is a fully-fledged finance division of the leading BPO provider in Romania and Bulgaria – TELUS International. The division consists of 17 professionals (located in Bucharest and Sofia) with combined finance and accounting expertise. Our financials are audited by a Big 4 auditor, we partner with 4 large international banks and operate in a global company with a footprint on 3 continents.
Do you want to join our team, get on a very steep learning curve, be part of a dynamic, young and motivated team?
Today, we are hiring for the role of Operational Accountant. The role combines financial and accounting characteristics:
What we expect:
- University degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum 2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office Excel, Word
- Fluency in English
- Advanced skills in Excel would represent an advantage
- Organized and reliable person, willing to learn fast
- Enthusiasm and commitment to delivering quality results to tight deadlines
- Team player, flexible personality
The Operational Accountant would be in charge of:
- Daily preparing, checking and booking all the cash documents and expense reports documents
- Verifying and registering the travel expense reports of the employees, according to internal procedures and accounting standards and assists in order to report correctly
- Managing company debit card accounts of the employees and monitors the clearance of unsettled transactions
- Weekly checking of the employees advances report, asking for related documents
- Monthly payroll confirmations for cash salaries advances
- Counting and accounting for all company fixed assets
- Booking of invoices for capex spending
- Tracking the capex spent vs. the capex budget
- Identifying and tagging the newly acquired assets in cooperation with the IT and facilities team
- Performing yearly inventory reconciliation
- Posting of monthly depreciation & amortization costs
- Printing and archiving primary accounting documents
- Back-up in AR and AP accounting related activities
- Participation to Annual Audit process and month-end closing process
- The role reports directly to the TELUS International Europe – Chief Accountant Romania
- Stable job - permanent labor contracts
- Monthly meal tickets
- Public transportation and gym subscriptions reimbursement, after trial period
- Private medical insurance coverage – we work with one of the best suppliers, Medlife Medical Center where you will benefit from a Professional Package
- Special discounts across variety of Banks, Telecoms, Gym & Fitness centers and more
- International career - regular training and international career opportunities
- Multilingual exposure - improve your spoken and written language skills
- Inspiring and fun environment - our offices have become known for their innovative, fun and pleasant design. Enjoy our relax and play areas!
- Community projects – want to make the world a better place? We run CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) events all year longIt’s different here! Check out our Facebook page!
TELUS International focuses on human connection and innovation to deliver exceptional customer service and next-gen IT consulting that wow clients and delight their customers. More than 30,000 employees around the world, from locations across North and Central America, Europe and Asia, enable over 200 million customer interactions annually via voice, email, chat and social media, across fast-growing tech, financial services and fintech, gaming, travel and hospitality, and healthcare industries.
TELUS International enables customer service delivery innovation through spirited teamwork, agile thinking, and a caring culture that puts customers first. The company serves clients in over 35 languages. TELUS holds a 65% interest in TELUS International with Baring Private Equity Asia holding the remaining 35%.