Within the Office department, we are looking for a reliable Office Admin who will be responsible for general administration tasks within an office environment and who is willing to learn about the customer service process of the British School of Bucharest, adapt and help with general office duties, ensuring that company processes run smoothly.
You will play a primary role in ensuring that all office administrative functions are coordinated to achieve a high level of productivity within the company.
- Previous working experience as an Office Assistant or in Customer Care for at least three years
- English – fluent (all work-related activities are performed in English)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Customer service skills, preferably with direct exposure to customers' claims
- Analytical problem solver
- Conflict management skills
- Being able to perform with little supervision
- Ability to prepare and analyze data, figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by a computer
- Able to prioritize easily
- Oversee the guest experience and ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office, and maintain complete accessibility in both availability and warmth of character
- Respond professionally to direct or indirect inquiries from teachers and parents
- Arrange meetings or parents' tours in accordance with internal procedures
- Daily registration processes: attendance, lunch, and bus schedule
- Mediate parents' relationship with the school regarding lunch, transport, uniforms, toddler groups, kids’ parties, adult learning, photos, trips, school events, afterschool and external exams.
- Provide direct administrative support as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, booking travel, maintaining a filing system, mailing and shipping packages, and updating the contact database and students' list
- Handling office interactions, responding to requests and questions
- Perform clerical duties, including, but not limited to, mailing and filing correspondence, preparing reports, placing orders, and answering calls
- Photocopy, scan, and file appropriate documents
- Edit documents for accuracy
- Maintain accurate records and enter data in all the systems the company is using
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
- Maintain trusting relationships with colleagues, parents, and suppliers
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
If this sounds like you, then you might be an excellent match for our Office Admin position!
Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package as part of this position in addition to advancement opportunities within the company, as the British School of Bucharest is well established and is situated on a stunning campus with well-resourced facilities.
Further details of our school can be obtained from our website: www.britishschool.ro or by accessing the following link: https://youtu.be/kxeGD3tzrcM
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to references and satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), ICPC, or similar checks from both the country of origin and the previous countries of employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 15th of April 2022.
BSB reserves the right to appoint before this deadline, so we strongly encourage early applications.
The British School of Bucharest (BSB) is a leading international School, providing a comprehensive international education based on the National Curriculum for England and offers EYFS, Primary and Secondary schooling, with IGCSEs to A Levels.
BSB has offered, since the year 2000, a British education in Bucharest for children aged 2-18. It is a richly diverse learning community, with more than 650 students represented by over 50 nationalities. They benefit from an impressive pupil to teacher ratio and small class sizes, ensuring a personalised and highly supportive learning environment, offered by 100% English-speaking teachers.
BSB is the only British school in Romania rated as ‘excellent’ for both ‘the quality of pupils’ learning and achievements’ and the ‘quality of pupils’ personal development’, according to 2018 UK Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) report.