Monitoring Specialist 24x7 Shifts
• Willingness to learn new things and technologies (middleware, network, storage)
• Good spoken and written English.
• Experience using an enterprise ticketing system (SCCD/Service Now/Remedy/JIRA etc.)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications, operating system fundamentals, and writing basic documentation
• Understanding of ITIL process with appropriate fundamental accreditation
• Excellent follow-up and time control skills
• Ability to work effectively with team members, multiple departments, and vendors
• Ability to conceptualize problems
• Extremely flexible if the workflow is changing
• Communicative competence (pro-active)
Nice to have:
• Ability to assess the impact of different network problems
• Experience with various monitoring and alert systems and operating procedures to produce optimal results.
• Previous experience with Fault and Performance Management tools (Nagios, Zenoss, Cacti, MRTG, IBM Tivoli Monitoring, Netcool or equivalent),
• Knowledge of web applications and frameworks
• Perform troubleshooting for diverse technologies based on existing procedures (highly diverse infrastructure environments)
• Accurately log incidents within a ticketing system, documenting symptoms, and perform event
• Update assigned tasks in a timely manner; escalate as required to management, vendors, and
• Monitors multiple logs across diverse platforms to uncover specific activities as they occur from
platform to platform.
• Ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance, problem
resolution, and customer satisfaction.
• Interact with systems engineers, developers, and other personnel to quickly troubleshoot,
triage, and resolve issues
• Develop and maintain positive communications between Global Service Desk, Site Services, and
IT Infrastructure teams.
• Manage the intake and recording of information to ensure that it is accurate. Continuously
evaluate the services provided and capture this information in the department's reports and metrics.
• Create and implement documentation and procedures for alerting and escalation.
Shifts 24x7 - Morning 06:00-15:00; Late 14:00 - 23:00; Night 22:00-07:00
Yoursoft Alternative offers IT services since 2009 with various core areas to both its international and national middle range and major customers.
IT services: Microsoft Services, Software Packaging/ IT Consulting, Business Consulting, Software Development.
In addition, we are also available to our customer in the areas of Application Compatibility Management and Security Management.
For more open oportunities visit us at www.yoursoftalternative.com