Avenor College is seeking a qualified Teacher of Mathematics to join our school on the next steps into the future.
We would welcome applicants who will fulfil the following Essential Characteristics:
We value the following Personal Characteristics and would hope you might be able to demonstrate these:
- Be fluent in English;
- Be able to offer lessons with an international dimension;
- Contribute to the development of the Key stage three programme of study;
- Be able to motivate and challenge able students, by co-creating a stimulating learning experience;
- Be motivated to develop schemes of work and ensure that Mathematics is a central aspect of the whole school curricular and co-curricular experience;
- Inspire trust and confidence in students, parents and colleagues, with the ability to offer CPD to colleagues in his/her area of specialism;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of Avenor College.
- People oriented - building positive relationships; good team player and good team builder; excellent listener; fair and consistent;
- Positive outlook - in all respects a good role model who will lead by example;
- A high level of cultural sensitivity and the ability to treat all staff/students/parents equally regardless of nationality or background;
- Capacity for hard work; organized and prepared; a high degree of resilience;
- Healthy lifestyle;
- Interest and constant practice in their own personal development;
- Constant learner.
As the school continues to expand, we need to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic professional to contribute to the teaching of Mathematics- Cambridge Curriculum, throughout KS3 KS5 from August 2019.
- A competitive salary and benefits package;
- The position will be offered on an initial two-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter;
- Maximum class sizes of 18;
- Continuing professional development opportunities;
- Maximum contract time 24*50 minute lessons per week;
- A wonderful well equipped friendly environment in which to work, with a motivated extremely well-lead team of Maths specialists;
- A great team spirit.
- Please send your complete resume/CV;
- Include a covering letter explaining your strengths, your reasons for wanting to work at Avenor College and a short statement outlining your educational beliefs;
- Additionally ensure that your CV includes the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses. Safeguarding:
Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees, as well as requiring you to provide current police checks. GDPR compliance:
About Avenor College
We are a non-profit school for students aged 2 to 19, founded in 2007 and celebrating our first decade of educating tomorrow’s leaders today. We opened as a nursery school, and the first students entered the High School in 2015. Our first A-level class graduated in 2019.
Avenor College is a bilingual international school with double accreditation, both in the Romanian system and in the British system. The Romanian Ministry of Education has accredited us through ARACIP 12 years ago, and in the 2018-2019 academic year, we received the confirmation that we also meet the British School Overseas (BSO) standards, representing the Department of Education (DfE) in the UK.
Most of our students are Romanian and we have responded to a demand from families in Bucharest for the best of a British education. Our school is rooted in both British and Romanian traditions, with our identity and practice also informed by other international experience. We are a proud school and believe in our heritage and legacy.
Our teaching staff is a mixture of Romanian and British.
The school’s success has allowed us to grow so rapidly. From modest beginnings, we have grown to 500 pupils from Nursery to Sixth Form and we expect our enrolment to exceed 650 by 2020.
Avenor College is located on two sites. The Nursery school is located in a historic villa on Alexandru Constantinescu Street, very close to the city centre. The Primary, Middle School and High School are in a 4,300 sqm purpose-designed campus on the edge of Baneasa Forest, to the north of Bucharest.
For more information, please go to our website, https://www.avenor.ro/en/school.