Do you want to help us build the best continuous delivery service in the world? SemaphoreCI.com is looking for Linux System Administrator to join our engineering team.
As a Linux System Administrator, you'll be responsible for building and supporting a Linux-based environment that runs CI/CD jobs on Semaphore. Your responsibilities will also include providing technical support to our customers - engineers. This is a great opportunity to join a highly-skilled team in a very visible role and have a big impact on our user base.
The position is remote and you should thrive in an asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong written communication skills and be able to develop working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
Working hours will be commencing with 9am- 5pm CET during the period of initial training and onboarding, after this, you will follow the weekly shift pattern of 8am - 4pm and 1pm - 9pm together with our colleagues in the customer support.
- Maintain and provision servers that are powering our infrastructure.
- Work directly with customers to resolve any issues that they may be having with the Semaphore platform.
- Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure.
- Use metrics and monitoring systems to ensure and improve performance and stability.
- Support application deployments.
Who We Are
- A solid understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Ability to debug and solve configuration, performance and reliability problems.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies: configuration management, monitoring, alerting, metrics.
- Ability to work in scripting languages such as Bash or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Being self-managed and capable of making effective decisions.
Semaphore is a leader in hosted continuous integration and deployment, with over 30,000 developers relying on Semaphore to test and deploy their code. Our mission is to help teams ship their software faster and with more confidence by providing a fast, robust and scalable platform for software delivery.
We work in small, highly effective teams, and every person is vital to the success of the company.
Our team is made of smart, creative people who love their craft. We believe that a great place to work is where we're surrounded by self-managed people who consistently do good work and positively inspire us.
We work in a fast-changing environment of a new market, and there are many ways you can make a great impact. You will not be just improving the product or customer experience, but have a voice in shaping the company culture too.
At the moment we require people to work from a location of at least 4 hrs overlap with 9 - 5 pm CET.
Sounds good? Come work with us. Benefits
- The impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market.
- Join a small team of around 20 full-time people who love what they do.
- A healthy 40-hour work week, a friendly and supportive work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Company retreats.
- Space to learn continuously and choose the tools and equipment for your job.
- Paid trips to conferences and books of your choice.
- Interact with developers that use Semaphore and talk about the latest and greatest way to develop and ship software.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice.
Semaphore is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.
Rendered Text is a software company making Semaphore, a continuous delivery service at the forefront of an ongoing evolution in software development practice. We optimize what we do for happiness of our users and ourselves.
A bootstrapped product company
Our story began in 2009 when Marko Anastasov and Darko Fabijan, two friends from university, set up the company while working at the same time on their social web startup and for clients. From the beginning, we were passionate about both making software and the effects great products have on people. We have combined those in creating Semaphore, which we launched in 2012, and transitioned to become a product company. Now that we are responsible for a service used in over 100 countries, we feel like we're only getting started.
Doing the right thing
Over the years we have grown in all aspects — and continue to every day — but our goals have remained the same. Have fun while working with the best technology at hand. Design and create the finest product we can. Compete with the top in the industry. Learn from the best. Focus on the essential. Cultivate openness and respect in all communication. Be friends with one another. Learn constantly. Share what we know.