- Previous experience as a Level Artist in the video game production (modeling /texture, level art / characters);
- Experience in team management.
- Good knowledge of specific tools (3Ds max, Zbrush, Photoshop, …);
- Knowledge of the technical constraints relating to 3D engines and level editors;
- Up to date with the latest technologies;
- Ability to work in a team, with good leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The Lead Artist will collaborate in following up on the art team’s work, coach team members, and validate production outcomes while overseeing part of the development of the game.
- Manages the Art Team
- Develops and motivates the team
- Assures that the mandate is accomplished
Managing the Art team:
- Estimate workload, suggest planning and set priorities for the art team;
- Conduct follow-ups on the advancement of the work of the team;
- Task distribution, based on people skills, development wishes and overall planning;
- Participate in the selection of team members (recruitment);
- Know the technical and artistic constraints so as to properly direct/coach the team.
Developing and motivating the team:
- Offer artistic support for the Art team;
- Know the technical and artistic constraints so as to properly direct/coach the team;
- Support career advancement and suggest development and interpersonal skills training and techniques sessions to team members;
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
Assures that the mandate is accomplished:
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- Responsible of the performance management of his/her team members;
- Suggest corrective measures when necessary so as to meet set objectives;
- Assist in the production of graphic assets & level art according to the project’s needs;
- Know the game’s storyline and gameplay (game design documents) and adjust the work to reflect these elements;
- Guarantee the quality of the models and ensure that they are produced on time;
- Conduct and be responsible for the reviews on art.
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
- If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
- If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.
At UBISOFT ROMANIA we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.