Become a powerhouse business consultant – Join Tax!
In Tax you will be surrounded by some of the best tax minds in the country, we’ll develop you to be a global business advisor. From day one arming you with the skills and confidence to walk the talk with organizations from all different industries across tax business issues.
Together with the technical tax training and development we’ll provide you’ll build up a formidable bank of knowledge and skills to take your career in many directions, both internally at EY, or within industry, government or corporates.
Join our Tax practice and you may work in Business Tax Advisory, People Advisory Services, Indirect Tax, International Tax Services, Transaction Tax, Accounting Compliance Reporting, Global Compliance Reporting.
Tax is the place to be for you:
- If you have a high level of motivation and drive to start a career in professional services
- If you know that Tax consultancy does not mean checking if clients paid their taxes, but actually advising them on how to do it by the book
- If you’re more than familiar with such concepts as: direct, indirect taxes, withholding or individual tax aspects
- You are so passionate about new learning experiences that you will be willing to spend some extra time to steepen your learning curve. No worries, those extra minutes will be compensated with free days or extra coins in your pocket
- If you can go beyond copy & paste in general
- If you’re ready to take multi-tasking to levels you didn’t know existed
- If you love to pay close attention even to the smallest of the small details
- If you’re ready to make the 25th of the month of paramount importance in your business calendar
- You are not afraid to dive into new waters. Because new projects, new clients, new demands is your cup of tea
- If anything worth doing, is worth doing it right, every single time
Of course, it’s great if you have managed to sit through extensive economics, taxation, accounting or law lectures on your way to a Bachelor’s degree / Master’s degree. But we leave no good candidate behind, regardless of your studies, as long as your background shows some interest in the Tax field.
We don’t need you to be William Shakespeare, but you need a good command of English and communication skills to make it. Also, truth is, if you’re fluent especially inRomglish you’ll feel easily at home, it’s our conversation language on a daily basis. And no way we’re joking!
We assume that you are familiar with Word, Power Point and Excel. So if your computer literacy goes beyond your Instagram and Facebook skills, then that eases your work as well as ours.
Dive in: What will you be doing?
Above all we value teaming, personality and attitude.
- You will receive proper induction training and guidance in your first weeks at EY to equip you with all the info you need to kick it off
- You will learn how to use EY tools in order to respond to EY policies and procedures
- You will perform technical research on various tax matters
- You will assist seniors/managers to ensure administrative support service for clients regarding their contractual and legal obligations
- You will assist seniors/managers in preparation of memoranda, working papers, and other documents in conjunction with serving the client (e.g. proposals, engagement letters, management letters, reports on other attest services)
- You will assist in giving advice regarding various tax aspects
- You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients
- You will constantly follow-up with seniors/managers on related engagements
- You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues: contribute to positive work environments, facilitate the resolution of conflicts, shares information, and accepting and providing constructive feedback
Remember these key competencies. They will play a very important role during selection:
- If you are a team player with a positive vibe, you are not be afraid to speak up in meetings and present your innovative ideas, you have a high level of motivation and you want to learn, every working hour every day, you are a high performer and achiever, then you are EY!.
- Exceptional client service
- Relationship management
- Project management
- Critical thinking
- Risk management
EY is one of the world's leading professional services firms with approximately 230.000 employees in more than 700 offices across 150 countries. Our network is the most integrated at global level and its vast resources allow us to help our clients benefit from every opportunity.
In Romania, EY has been a leader on the professional services market since its set up in 1992. Our over 700 employees in Romania and Moldova provide seamless assurance, tax, transactions, and advisory services to clients ranging from multinationals to local companies. Our offices are based in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Timisoara, Iasi and Chisinau.
For more information, please visit www.ey.com and betterworkingworld.com.