Junior Database Administrator
- 1-2 years MS SQL Server Administration experience required or similar experience with managing SQL Server databases;
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models;
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server;
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory;
- Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality;
- Pro-active, stress resistant, service minded;
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to organize and plan work independently;
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams in an international environment;
- Good written and verbal English skills.
Nice to have:
- MCSA, MCSE certifications;
- Experience with process automation;
- Experience with SQL licensing;
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
The SQL Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Servers, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of ORTEC applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
You will be working in a nice team spirit, where each of the Hosting Operations member is contributing to excellent services towards ORTEC customers, overseeing and ensuring a good service level and availability of the systems.
What you will do:
- Install, configure and maintain SQL database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security;
- Create functions/stored procedures (automation)
- Create SQL server traces profiler trace or side trace for application troubleshooting purposes and performance investigations;
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations;
- Troubleshooting of databases, SQL Infrastructure, locking/blocking;
- Backup & Restore;
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes;
- Level 3 escalation for database type incidents;
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary which will reflect your experience and will grow with your career;
- Attractive benefits package will complete your financial experience;
- Beside of daily exposure to interesting projects and top technologies, training opportunities will assure a continuous education;
- A pleasant, open, informal atmosphere in an international setting;
- Result oriented culture is promoted based on encouragement of initiative, responsibility, flexible working schedule and employees’ motivation.
Our people make the difference!
We are a purpose driven company with ambitious, highly skilled people and an academic culture that we are proud of. We use our passion for mathematics to optimize organizations and, with every mathematical optimization and analytics solution we implement, we make the world a little better.
At ORTEC, you will be part of a unique organization and team! We will support you in finding your strengths and the best way to succeed within the company through a challenging, hands-on experience.
What we do
As a company that is driven by data and technology, we focus on improving the impact our solutions have on our customers’ business. Therefore, research and development is an important factor in our activity. We continuously strive to improve our product suite and services. We develop optimization and analytics solutions that are state-of-the-art and often pioneering. Our employees have vast experience in Operations Research and IT, which we combine with extensive knowledge of industry-specific business processes across almost every industry imaginable. What is our everyday goal? Finding better solutions in shorter times, providing our customers with a key to sustainable success in a challenging world. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive.
The ORTEC journey started in the early 1980s. A few young Dutch students wanted to show the world the value of mathematics to secure long term sustainable growth for organizations and society at large. 37 years later, ORTEC is the world’s leading supplier of mathematical optimization software and advanced analytics with around 1000 employees and offices in 13 countries around the globe. Over the years, we have optimized business processes at more than 2,000 leading companies, enabling us to make a significant contribution to a better world.
Stay connected! Follow our activities and job opportunities on Facebook/ortec.cee and on our website www.ortec.com