Junior C++ Multiplayer Programmer
Your life at Ubi:
As Ubisoft’s online platform developer, Harbour helps bring high-quality connected experiences to millions of players worldwide. Working alongside production teams, we leverage state-of-the-art solutions to enable value-filled features in all our online games – throughout their development and while they’re live. With a view of Ubisoft’s entire digital ecosystem and a long-term approach to online gaming, we focus on finding the right solution for the right purpose. And if the solution we need doesn’t exist yet? That’s just an opportunity for us to create it.
As a Multiplayer Programmer within Ubi Craiova’s Harbour team, you’ll be working on creating technology in the multiplayer engine, game servers, voice chat or matchmaking areas by developing C++ SDKs (with C# wrappers) that are integrated into all AAA Ubisoft games and support home consoles, PCs, and mobile platforms.
Your main mission:
- Use SCRUM methodology:
- Design, develop and test simple and comprehensive APIs that enable games to use the multiplayer features
- Maintain and enrich the SDKs features together with the rest of the team
- Collaborate with other Harbour teams
- Guide game development teams throughout SDK integration
- Optimize SDK performance
- Stay up to date on technological advancements to continuously improve our efforts
The professional value you bring:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent or at least ongoing studies in this area.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented and C++ or C# programming languages
- Good analytical capabilities and synthesis skills
- Personal C++ or C# projects or internships are a BIG plus
The personal value you bring:
- A highly collaborative spirit & results-oriented focus
- Attention to detail, resourcefulness and plenty of flexibility
- Good spoken / written English
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
The production team is very diverse in specialties, and this makes all the magic happen. Together, they create amazing worlds that take entertainment to the next level.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft Craiova has been an important component in strengthening the foundation of one of the first gaming companies ever established in Romania. The studio has had experience in the development of video games since 2008 and now works on the production and testing of some of the biggest AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon. The studio is also a valuable collaborator on developing reusable game technologies, from tools and middleware to multiplayer and online solutions used in most, if not all Ubisoft games.