As a HMI Software developer Engineer, you will design and develop software for top-of-the-range next generation products, including user interfaces, in an international environment, taking into account customer requirements, coming up with flexible designs, yet keeping your implementation robust and stable.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering or a related field;
Knowledge and skills:
- 5+ years of professional experience with development related tools and practices (configuration management, debugging and refactoring of legacy code, software lifecycle, V-model, agile methods, review techniques, continuous integration and delivery, etc.);
- Some knowledge of system design and requirements analysis methodologies;
- Knowledge of frameworks for GUIs;
- Familiarity with model based systems engineering and modelling languages likeUML, SysML or similar;
- Knowledge of microcontroller technology and electronic components will be a plus;
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and to specification.
If you are looking for a long-term career and want to join a best in class career where your talents are appreciated, then we would love you to join our team!
- Strong proficiency in C/C++, as well as in scripting languages like Python and Perl;
- Familiarity with thе concepts and principles of object-oriented programming;
- Positive attitude to be working in team in an international environment, with a self-starter attitude and eagerness to tackle unknowns;
- An interest in keeping up with current and upcoming developments and technologies in thе field of software engineering;
- English language (at least CEFR level B2);
- Willingness to go on business travel to thе German HQ and relating plants from time to time.
Developmеnt of software for user intеrfacеs аnd аppliances:
- Anаlysis of customеr rеquirements (may bе relаted to еxtending еxisting legаcy code);
- Modelling of еfficiеnt dаta structures and program concepts that fulfil the requirements;
- Modelling of test cases to assure compliance with requirements and required standards;
- Description of sub-components with appropriate software tools (e.g. in a modelling language like UML/SysML);
- Generation of work packages for implementation of the program models;
- Implementation of program and/or test code according to the required standards (internal coding guidelines, GUI guidelines, etc.) as described in the work package;
Test and documentation of deliverables;
- Review of program and test code, as well as documentation;
- Validating technical specifications as to their completeness and ability to be implemented;
- Providing support to peers and junior level team members;
- Error finding and fixing in existing software, using computer simulations as well as on-target-debugging.
- Integration of own and team code, using designated software tools (software configuration management);
- Creating a releasable software package, including documentation;
- Releasing the software package to the customer for acceptance.
- Ensuring that deliverables meet quality goals, as well as time and budget constraints
- Presenting technical solutions
- Maintaining a close working relationship with software engineers and architects at Miele Electronic in Germany
Miele Tehnica is a subsidiary of Miele & Cie. KG, Germany. We produce electronic components for a wide range of Miele appliances, such as washing machines, tumble dryers, vacuum cleaners, ovens and others. The products Miele offers to its customers set the standards for durability, performance, ease of use, energy efficiency, design and service products.