Graduate Configuration Engineer
As a Graduate Configuration Engineer you will be part of our Configuration Engineering team being responsible for creating the business logic that drives Darwin™, using Darwin Configuration Language (DCL*).
Templates written by Configuration Engineers will be used to standardize and simplify the implementation of client schemes across the globe. The Darwin Configuration Language (DCL) is a proprietary configuration tool, developed within Darwin. This is used in Darwin 4.0 to create the basic building blocks of our platform (benefits, client schemes and interfacing). There is no expectation that anyone applying for the role will have any background or prior knowledge of DCL syntax.
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions using DCL;
- Create Country, Organization, Scheme and Benefit templates using Darwin Configuration Language;
- Maintain templates including change management for any updates to existing templates
- Work with technology teams on defining new functions in DCL to make template writing more efficient;
- Produce documentation to reflect the content and available options of released templates
- Develop business process models and documentation relevant to the team’s objectives;
- Assist Darwin Support teams with the debugging of templates;
- Perform other job-related duties and activities as requested;
- Respond to ad hoc exercises and issues;
- Deal with workload peaks without compromising standards.
YOUR EXPERIENCE & VALUES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Romanian and English;
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into a technical solution;
- Ability to abstract and create a general solution for a problem (e.g. based on multiple benefits setups identify elements that are generic and need to form part of the provider’s product base template);
- Ability to generate relevant test case scenarios that can be used to test templates;
- Drive and determination, and the ability to work in a changing, fluid organization;
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce high quality work with minimum supervision;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with a high attention to detail;
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work;
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure.
OUR PINK BENEFITS & CULTUREA
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression;
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative;
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package;
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in the UK and Singapore
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients.
DARWIN is a SaaS provider of global employee benefits and employee engagement software. With over 4 million lives on Darwin™, our multi-award-winning platform connects employees with their benefits and is helping to achieve our purpose – to change benefits. For good.
As part of Mercer Marsh Benefits, our combined global benefits consulting, digital and broking expertise creates a unique proposition – benefits that truly benefit. Being an industry leader with a challenger mindset, MMB and Darwin are creating truly meaningful choices and experiences for millions of employees in more than 150 countries.
DARWIN will use the personal data provided in this application to consider your suitability for a role within the organization and to communicate with you. Please find our full privacy notice on our Company Website.
There’s nothing ordinary about DARWIN :)
Our passionate PINK culture, benefits expertise, collaborative partner ecosystem and our innovative technology are as extraordinary as our people. Our people, power the rocket ship that is our Darwin™ product – a cloud-based global benefits management and employee engagement software, used by some of the world’s most innovative companies.
500+ DARWIN People are devoted to helping HR and reward professionals to deliver impactful, cost effective benefit schemes, whilst enabling their employees to engage with their benefits, throughout their lives. We work with the world’s leading employers to maximize the power of Darwin™ in over 85 countries and around 25 languages
If you wish to apply directly please send us your detailed English resume at: RecruitmentCluj@thomsons.com
For more information please visit our careers website: https://www.thomsons.com/careers/