• Fluent in English is a must. Knowledge of French or German would be a plus
• Fresh graduate or student in accounting and finance
• Any SAP or another ERP knowledge would be a plus
• Any experience in VAT compliance and reporting would be a plus
• Comfortable working with: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
• Strong communication skills
• Self-motivated and positive attitude
• Team player
• Interested and open to working with multiple cultures
• Willingness and eagerness to learn
• Fluent in English
Period: 1 year contract/full time
Steelcase’s Global Tax team is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan (USA) and has regional tax leaders based in Cluj-Napoca (Romania) for the EMEA region and Shanghai (China) for the Asia Pacific region. The tax team is seeking an intern who is motivated and willing to learn to work in the Business Center in Cluj. The tax team is involved in managing compliance, transfer pricing, tax planning, income tax accounting, tax audits and other topics related to tax.
As part of the team, you will be mainly involved in assisting the team in tax compliance tasks and transfer pricing activities. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with people from different countries in EMEA and the United States.
• Preparation of documentation for the monthly VAT compliance
• Preparation and submission of the VAT, Intrastat returns and EC Sales Lists in various EU countries
• GL entries related to VAT accounts
• Extract and format information from the system for external parties (advisors, auditors etc.)
• Assist with the intercompany recharges
• Assist management with documentation, research and other requirements
• Be involved in other tax support tasks, according to the request
Design the Future
At Steelcase, we believe the places where people work, really matter. Great places can inspire, accelerate innovation, enhance wellbeing and connect people to each other and to the purpose of their organization. By studying how people work and by bringing human insights to the places where they work, we help organizations to achieve a higher level of performance.
We’d like to invite you to begin a journey with us.
In 2011, we opened a new Business Center in one of the most vibrant cities in Romania – Cluj-Napoca. We provide a wide range of support services for Steelcase Innovation Centers, Manufacturing and Sales Organizations, supporting Europe and North America.
We’d like to invite you to become a member of our Steelcase team and work for a global leader in one of our inspiring spaces.