- Education: University degree (economic or legal academic background);
- Experience: min 2 years of economic/ legal experience; prior experience in a related or similar position is preferable;
- Computer proficiency: Word & Excel processing, E-mail, Internet;
- Language proficiency: good level of English, verbal & written;
- Knowledge :Knowledge of the Romanian legal system, NBR rules and regulations and international regulations related to compliance risks;
- Knowledge of the local and international standard and practices in compliance and operational risk management field;
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant banking products, business, services, relations, external environment developments;
- High knowledge and understanding of internal policies, rules and regulations;
- Competencies: Good data analytics knowledge, good presentation skills, strong communication skills, independence and initiative, open-minded, problem solver, shows creativity in developing new ideas and approaches to day to day problems/situation, analytical skills, synthesis capacity, task oriented, interested in self-development, team spirit, ability to work in highly demanding environment (multitasking, time pressure, problems complexity, changeable working environment, etc).
- Support the Business Lines in the implementation and proper application of the ING Bank Compliance Risk Management Charter as applicable; the main activity is focused on providing MLRO advices for client at on-boarding/ review (time driven or event driven) in specific situations, in accordance with Ing Internal Procedures;
- Provide input on all Local Procedures from KYC area (during the annual review/ad hoc review) in conjunction with Legal Department, ING Bank Policies and Standards;
- Analyse the requests received from other departments/bank employees from KYC area and provide proper advices in accordance with all applicable local law requirements and/or external rules and regulations applicable;
- Actively involved in innovation initiatives and focused on identifying potential efficiency gains in compliance related processes;
- Identifies and reports any issues related to the development and improvement of application functionality;
- Prioritise own workflow and ensure work is completed to the required standards of quality and productivity;
- It is responsible in terms of continuous updating of knowledge of the Law no. 129/2019 for the prevention and combating money laundering and terrorism financing; the Government Emergency Ordinance No 202/2008 on the enforcement of international sanctions, as amended and approved by Law No 217/2009, as subsequently amended and supplemented; the Council Regulation (EU) No 833/2014 of 31 July 2014 followed by thr subsequent updates;
- Through Legal keep abreast of legal, regulatory and industry developments and trends impacting Compliance Risk Management and informs relevant persons within the bank;
- Provides the necessary support/guidance in continuously promoting of an organizational compliance culture (through presentations, policies and training sessions).
Discover ING Bank
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart.
At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them. We empower people and organisations to realise their own vision for a better future. Join us! Together we can build the next generation of digital banking!