Electrical, Automation &Instrumentation ENGINEER
- Technical University – Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical / Automation Engineering or equivalent (Control and Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic Engineering)
- Relevant experience in developing and commissioning process control applications: 2+ years.
- Demonstrated expertise in DCS/PLC architecture, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of the principles of operation, reliability, and performance characteristics of instrumentation, measurements, analyzers, and control valves
- Experience with process controls equipment including PLCs, DCSs, HMIs, SCADA systems, SQL relational database systems, and Network Hubs including debugging skills as well as Modbus, OPC, Profibus, and Ethernet IP
- Experience with writing software test plans, user requirement definitions and functional design documents/specifications
- Ability to learn concepts and technical details of complex systems
- Ability to work independently, accepting ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Pro-active and self-motivated team player with strong engineering judgment skills
- Creativity and strong analytical skills to solve complex technical challenges with innovative solutions
- Advanced level of English – written and spoken, strong technical communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with electrical design software (AutoCAD, E-Plan)
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to automation and PLC programming (IEC 61131)
- Fundamental understanding of Process Safety Management (PSM) systems and High Hazard Processes.
- Knowledge of communications between machine PLCs and database systems (corporate ERP integration platforms, MES/IT systems)
- Willingness to travel for project assignments and work abroad
- Reviews customer specifications and requirements for the automation and control system
- Providing electrical/controls/automation technical support and execution of projects/assignments from initial concept to final closeout.
- Compiles full list of motors and actuators based on input received from process departments
- Compiles full list of instrumentation based on P&IDs, defines control loops and develops IO lists
- Designs the architecture of the control system (concept and detailed): PLCs, HMI, network, SCADA
- Designs the electrical control panels (MCCs, marshalling board)
- Writes technical specifications, compiles Bill of Materials, develops drawings and layouts of the control system, automation panels, MCCs
- Writes User Requirement definition & Functional Design specifications for the control software
- Estimates labour, material, construction, and equipment costs for budget preparation
- Manages the complete life cycle of automation / SCADA engineering tasks including review of customer engineering documents, preparation of technical scope documents
- Provides direction to vendors and system integrators to ensure high quality deliverables
- Participates in design reviews with the customer
- Applies engineering principles, industry standards and knowledge to support the selection, development, implementation, commissioning, and validation of the successful operation of process control applications and solutions.
- Provides technical support for new project start-ups, test runs, and special procedures as needed
- Participates in continuous improvement projects to improve manufacturing processes, quality and cycle time.
- Communication integration, development of PLC (Programmable logic controller) programming with IEC61131-3 programming language for complex sequence of operation, development of automation system description and testing procedures.
- Application of IEC61850 and TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol) network protocols, configuration of data concentrator for power monitoring / management systems.
- Supervises the site execution of the electrical control & automation system
- Supports system test in Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and supports the commissioning process
- Prepare progress and technical reports as required
- Maintains open communication and collaboration with other department team members, project and customers and follows HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) rules.
- Provide regular work status updates, including risks or concerns, to the department manager
Blue Projects is a unique multidisciplinary and engineering company with high experience in all industry sectors. Our core services include Project Management, Construction Management, Design & Engineering, Commercial Management and Health & Safety Management.
Currently, the company has 300 employees and locations in Romania, Poland, Russia, the United Kingdom, Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Germany, South Africa, and North America.
We are a passionate team of professionals that have undertaken the behavioural role of a stakeholder in our clients' business to ensure we are constantly motivated and driven to excellence and deliverance of highest quality.