DCS EUS & Compliance Support Engineer
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft technologies (on premise and cloud);
- Experience in using Microsoft deployment tools: WSUS, SCCM / MECM or Intune;
- Experience in process creation and improvement;
- Understanding of the Patch Management, Application Management, Build Management and Mobile Device Management processes;
- Familiarized with 'as a service' servicing model;
- Thorough understanding of change processes and risk management;
- Thorough understanding of what security patching entails;
- Work and improve on existent processes and procedures within a continual service improvement framework and build new ones;
- Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering services within SLA in a professional and efficient manner;
- Maintain excellent customer and vendor relationships;
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude to all aspects of daily work;
- Minimum one year IT support experience;
- Working experience in an virtualized server environment;
- Deployment toolset support understanding;
- Excellent English skills.
Nice to have:
- Basic understanding of PowerShell scripting;
- Basic understanding of Microsoft 365 Services and Concepts;
- Basic understanding of SQL databases;Any technical certification is a plus.
- The DCS EUS & Compliance Support Engineer will be responsible to patch various SCC customers’ infrastructures;
- Recommend and be part of enhancements to End User Services & Compliance process, procedures and work instructions;
- Participate in evaluating, recommending, implementing, and troubleshooting SCCM / MECM and Intune (including Autopilot and Mobile Device Management) solutions;
- Ongoing maintenance and administration of the customers’ build images;
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with internal or external customers, in written and oral format;
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching (WSUS, SCCM / MECM or Intune), problem resolution, and configuration management;
- Follow ITIL practices regarding incident, problem and change management;
- Document and maintain customers’ build documents, procedures and processes and work instructions;
- Staying up-to-date with MS products releases;Other responsibilities and additional duties as assigned by the DCS EUS & Compliance team.
Who we are
SCC is the technology division of Rigby Group PLC, a family owned and operated business with interests in aviation, airports, hotels, property development and financial services.
What we do
We enable people to do business by planning, supplying, integrating and managing IT for leading public and private sector businesses across Europe. We serve over 2500 customers in more than 50 countries and operate out of 75 locations in the UK, France, Romania and Spain.
Our areas of expertise include hardware, software, networking, IT security, Cloud, data centre services, print management and mobile devices.
Our mission: to make IT work for our customers to improve the way they do business, deliver quality IT solutions and services that change the way businesses do business, deliver long-term profit to invest back into the business and nurture a winning network of partners to create enduring value to our customers.
*Thank you for choosing to contact us. By sending your resume, you agree to our processing of your Data for recruitment purposes (where Data refers to your personal information such as your name, phone number, email address and your resume). We assure you that your Data will be used for recruitment purposes only, for a retention time of 5 years or until you decide to withdraw your consent, at any time, by sending an e-mail to . Also, you may contact us on the same e-mail address to exercise any of the rights granted by GDPR (RegulatioFurther details about our Data Protection Policy can be found here: http://sccintranet/uk/gdpr-information/.