• 6+ years of hands-on industry experience on designing and developing complex ETL programs
• Derive ETL requirements and specification, provide feasibility analysis and effort estimation
• Data Engineering and Analytics, Building Data Pipelines, Implementing algorithms in a distributed environment
• Create automated ETL pipelines for a wide variety of data sources.
• Understand business requirements and create Data models and ETL programs
• Analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications
• Triage the Production issues and work on the code fixes
• Work with the deployment team in the code migration across the environments
• Support QE on End-to-End testing and provide daily/weekly project status to the Project manager
• Create necessary documentation as per the Standards and Update the project documentation
• Technical reviews, Data validation & end to end testing of ETL Objects, Source data analysis and data profiling
• Ensure accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation & problem resolution
• Performance improvement & tuning of Matillion mappings
• Coach and guide the technical team on the development of ETL jobs
• Design the Logical and Physical data models using the Dimensional modelling techniques
• Handle multiple projects in parallel, Participate and deliver Solution design, working closely with the architecture team
• Should write Unit test cases and maintain code quality extremely well
• Collaborate with team as well as with all the stake holders, highly proactive and team
• Responsible for the accurate translation of software architecture into design and code
• Work on Agile/Lean development methods using Scrum/Kanban
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to learn new technical skills
The Data Engineer is responsible for designing and developing complex ETL programs, derive ETL requirements and specification, provide feasibility analysis and effort estimation.
The overall objective is to create automated ETL pipelines for a wide variety of data sources and to analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications.
What You Bring
• Mandatory and strong hands-on experience:
• Develop, construct, test and maintain ETL/ELT architectures
• Expert in Matillion (or cloud ELT/ETL tool) , Alteryx
• Strong working knowledge in Databases like Snowflake/ Redshift
• AWS (Lambda, ECS, EC2, S3, cloud watch)
• Expert in writing SQL
• Programming skills in Python, UNIX
• GIT, Jira (Agile)
• AWS experience with cloud ETL/ELTs
• Good in code deployment and migration
• Expert in data warehousing and data modelling concepts
Good to Have:
• Custom ETL workflow experience in variety of environment
• Working experience in Agile methodologies
• Strong knowledge and experience in AWS technologies
• Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
• Experience in Finance Domain data
• Data security and handlingc
About the Team
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
In our Industrial Applications division, we offer comprehensive digital portfolio solutions in the oil and gas sector and other process industries comprising rotating equipment, electrification and solutions for Subsea business. Our customers are supported with sustainable and mission-critical products, solutions, and services.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy:  https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
• The opportunity to engage in an exciting environment on challenging projects
• Strong professional support and working with colleagues around the world
• Professional development opportunities within the company
• To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment in a position that entails a large responsibility
• Medical benefits
• Remote/Flexible work
• Time off/Paid holidays
• Parental leave
• Continual learning through the Learn@Siemens-Energy platform https://jobs.siemens-energy.com/en_US/jobs
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.